help with playstore please

Search This thread

Amnesia404

Nov 12, 2012
Hey guys im having a real big problem here cuz my sgy's playstore isnt working im on stock rom and theres an app called freedom which allows u to male free in app purchases.... it used to work on my custom rom with a hacked playstore (for which i deleted my old one) but googles new update killed that app and ever since then my playstores dead its just giving me the "no connection" error i deleted that hacked playstore and installed the real one and the problem stays...
can anyone here please help me ? :(
also can anyone tell me a good app which plays alot of video formats and works for sgy cuz i installed the arm v6 mx player and its nowhere to be seen on my phone so yes please any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

ImBJ

Jan 25, 2014
Kolkata
Hey guys im having a real big problem here cuz my sgy's playstore isnt working im on stock rom and theres an app called freedom which allows u to male free in app purchases.... it used to work on my custom rom with a hacked playstore (for which i deleted my old one) but googles new update killed that app and ever since then my playstores dead its just giving me the "no connection" error i deleted that hacked playstore and installed the real one and the problem stays...
also can anyone tell me a good app which plays alot of video formats and works for sgy cuz i installed the arm v6 mx player and its nowhere to be seen on my phone so yes please any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

firstly i have not used freedom app so i cant say anything about it !! but u can flash gapps once and see if its works or not !! if that dont work then flash stock !!

and for video player MX player is the best !! and for mx player u have to download and install two files 1.mx player 2. MX Player Codec (ARMv6 for galaxy y)
i think u've installed the codec and thatswhy u can find it on ur phone !! i gave u the solution !! try it...

Reactions: Amnesia404

Amnesia404

Nov 12, 2012
woah ty ALOT dude i mean seriosly ur soloution worked great man.....both of em
but the problem im facing right now is that the vid im watching is lagging alot on my cell on mx player is there anyway i can speed it up ?

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
woah ty ALOT dude i mean seriosly ur soloution worked great man.....both of em
but the problem im facing right now is that the vid im watching is lagging alot on my cell on mx player is there anyway i can speed it up ?

if it is an mp4 encoded with the x264 codec then no - not in its current form as the galaxy y does not support hardware accelleration

you have two choice

1 - download videos in avi encoded with xvid
2 - use your pc to convert the video into avi encoded with xvid

Amnesia404

Nov 12, 2012
besides that there is no way to speed it up what about ram consumption or cpu control ?
do I HAVE to switch it to avi and is there anyway i can do that on my phone ?

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
besides that there is no way to speed it up what about ram consumption or cpu control ?
do I HAVE to switch it to avi and is there anyway i can do that on my phone ?

no if it is encoded in mp4 x264 - the galaxy y is not powerful enough to play it as it has no hardware accelleration

there are apps that convert video but I wouldnt bother with them - it would take days on a galaxy y
converting on pc or downloading avi in the first place if possible is the only solution

cm7 does support hardware accelleration with mx player but as we dont have full working libs the chances are if you turn on hardware accelleration in mx player your video will not play at all

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
try clearing playstore data

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
About your problem with the Google Play Store:
Install Root Browser, navigate to system/etc/ and delete the hosts file. Then reboot your phone and your Play Store will be working.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sanjuujosephh

Feb 13, 2014
Bangalore
Freedom sucks

Just uninstall the freedom app ...... and reinstall the old version of Playstore like 3.10

But i would really suggest u to stop using freedom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

firstly i have not used freedom app so i cant say anything about it !! but u can flash gapps once and see if its works or not !! if that dont work then flash stock !!

and for video player MX player is the best !! and for mx player u have to download and install two files 1.mx player 2. MX Player Codec (ARMv6 for galaxy y)
    i think u've installed the codec and thatswhy u can find it on ur phone !! i gave u the solution !! try it...