XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] RAZR wont turn on

Tip us?

hallitosis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] RAZR wont turn on

hi everyone, this is my first post. Ive installed CM10 on my galaxy s3 and my partners xt910. so grateful for these forums and the knowledge everyone has.

my problem is with the XT910. It has safestrap loaded onto it. I had the stock rom and a copy of CM10 on it. I tried to change the rom, not sure what one as it was a while ago) and after following the instructions and rebooting it, the phone no longer turns on. no lights flash, no vibrations, nothing. Im sure this has happened before, but i wasnt able to find specifically the same problem through searching he forums.
The phone is AUS

cheers for the help.

hallitosis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
nobody is keen to help?

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Details would help. At what point the problem occurred first?
Did your battery had sufficient charge.?

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

hallitosis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok so the problem started when i tried to reflash a new rom onto the XT910. ive noticed if i wiggle the charger, the white LED comes on then the Motorola logo appears. sometimes it shows the image of the battery charging at about 5%, then it turns off again. i think the battery had a fair bit of charge on it, but it was a while ago sorry for the vagueness. all i want to do at this stage is get it on and back to stock.

thanks

googlesstepchild
Old
(Last edited by googlesstepchild; 13th February 2014 at 09:42 AM.) Reason: sp
Thanks Meter 4
The battery drain indicates it could be stuck in a bootloop.

XT912 - CM11 Nightly - PAGAPPS Micro

hallitosis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok so how do i get it out of the bootloop? im not sure what your last sentance means

googlesstepchild
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Boot into recovery mode, then plug your phone in to charge before attempting anything beyond this point. While your phone is charging read up on how to preform a factory reset. If that doesn't work you may have possibly soft bricked your phone. In which case you can recover using AP Fastboot.

vvvvv that last line below is my signature vvvvv

XT912 - CM11 Nightly - PAGAPPS Micro

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 420
If you're not able to charge it, you might need a factory cable to flash fastboot files.

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"