Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Should I buy an S4?

OP willg_smith

13th February 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chatsworth, GA
Thanks Meter: 10

183 posts
More
Hey! Right now I have a Galaxy Note 2 and I was just curious if I should get an S4. I have a little over a year before I can upgrade again and I'm finding Galaxy S4s on Craigslist in my area around $250-$350, which isn't all that much more than a regular upgrade. I like the higher resolution display they have and the better camera, but I'm not sure if that would be the only thing I'd be getting out of it. Also, since there are developer edition S4s, I figured I could easily flash it to Kitkat, such as CM11, and expect no bugs or glitches. What's everyone's thought on going from a note 2 to an S4? Worth the money? Do you think it'd hold me off another year?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th February 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,942

3,768 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagesiPad

Hey! Right now I have a Galaxy Note 2 and I was just curious if I should get an S4. I have a little over a year before I can upgrade again and I'm finding Galaxy S4s on Craigslist in my area around $250-$350, which isn't all that much more than a regular upgrade. I like the higher resolution display they have and the better camera, but I'm not sure if that would be the only thing I'd be getting out of it. Also, since there are developer edition S4s, I figured I could easily flash it to Kitkat, such as CM11, and expect no bugs or glitches. What's everyone's thought on going from a note 2 to an S4? Worth the money? Do you think it'd hold me off another year?

Well if the things listed here justify spending the cash I'd say go for it!
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7597,7254

I love mine. But definitely get a dev or mdk version. And I'd feel safer getting one off swappa myself.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chatsworth, GA

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Well if the things listed here justify spending the cash I'd say go for it!
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7597,7254

I love mine. But definitely get a dev or mdk version. And I'd feel safer getting one off swappa myself.

That link helped a lot bro. Thanks! It does seem that the S4 has some nice hardware upgrades from my note 2. It has camera stabilization too! That may explain why my pictures get blurry quite often. You may see me in the GS4 forums soon!!!

13th February 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,942

3,768 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That link helped a lot bro. Thanks! It does seem that the S4 has some nice hardware upgrades from my note 2. It has camera stabilization too! That may explain why my pictures get blurry quite often. You may see me in the GS4 forums soon!!!

Happy I could help. I always use that site when comparing phones.
And I'll say the camera on the S4 is really awesome. The note 2 is still a beast of a phone though. Lot of development for it also. Good luck whichever way you go!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

63 posts
if you want an unlocked bootloader then no you don't want one, other than that its an awesome device.
13th February 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chatsworth, GA

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSmitty

if you want an unlocked bootloader then no you don't want one, other than that its an awesome device.

Can you still flash ROMs with a locked bootloader? I cant stay on stock touchwiz... its bloated and horrific.

13th February 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #7  
Flag Holmdel
Thanks Meter: 22

184 posts
More
Quote:

if you can't get a dev edition or a retail edition on mdk don't bother. on anything after mdk there is no custom recovery, only safestrap. and even on mdk there is no unlocked bootloader, just a loki exploit that allows us to flash twrp.

the phone is a great phone, but if you are looking to mod it, you have very few choices with the s4 unfortunately.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank