[Q] Sigh, I admit defeat.

Search This thread

cunningStunts

Nov 12, 2013
I unfortunately have fallen victim to inexperience. I thought I could figure this out again, but it's been too long since I've rooted anything.

I did the rumrunner unlock, and that all went well. I then downloaded the viper rom, and from there my progress stopped.

Followed instructions for rumrunner, all worked, ended up on the bootloader screen.

Went and downloaded the Viper rom.

Tried to find my phone through my PC, but it wasn't available. So I used the bootloader menu to select recovery, as the directions VIA the Viper how-to.

The phone turned off, and ended up in a screen with a red triangle screen and wouldn't respond at all. No buttons worked, holding down any of them did nothing but make the bottom 3 icons flash.

So I unplugged my phone from the computer, and it turns on now, but to a normal home screen. I cannot figure out how to get back into the bootloader screen.

I did put the extracted Viper rom file into the download folder in my DNA, but I haven't been able to get past the issue of entering recovery to start wiping material.

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
You went to the stock Android recovery, which tells me you need to install a custom recovery. Find the threads for either Philz CWM Advanced or TWRP 2.6.3 beta and follow those directions, although you're going to need to set up ADB and make sure it's working. You won't be able to install a custom recovery without your computer recognizing your phone in fastboot mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

cunningStunts

Nov 12, 2013
You went to the stock Android recovery, which tells me you need to install a custom recovery. Find the threads for either Philz CWM Advanced or TWRP 2.6.3 beta and follow those directions, although you're going to need to set up ADB and make sure it's working. You won't be able to install a custom recovery without your computer recognizing your phone in fastboot mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Guh, I cannot figure out the ADB. I found a couple (Nexus tools and ADB Drivers from some guy on youtube) and I cannot get them to install.

I feel way in over my head, I don't remember it being this difficult a couple years ago. :confused:

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
Guh, I cannot figure out the ADB. I found a couple (Nexus tools and ADB Drivers from some guy on youtube) and I cannot get them to install.

I feel way in over my head, I don't remember it being this difficult a couple years ago. :confused:

Try pdanet if you're having issues with drivers.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk