[Q] After Update "V10b-JAN-09-2014 (117.38MB)" only enters into recovery

OP Palux

13th February 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #11  
Flag Perchtoldsdorf/Vienna
Thanks Meter: 552

668 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know the problem from the G2 because you had a command in the terminal in TWRP enter
Brick is no one but TWRP is set as default at boot

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

you can simply use TWRP's awesome "terminal command" option to run the following:

Code: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then that was the solution, but if it works when GPad I do not know and do not take any responsibility!
The Following User Says Thank You to letschky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by letschky

I know the problem from the G2 because you had a command in the terminal in TWRP enter
Brick is no one but TWRP is set as default at boot

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

you can simply use TWRP's awesome "terminal command" option to run the following:

Code: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then that was the solution, but if it works when GPad I do not know and do not take any responsibility!

Hey letschky, what does this command do?
I've got my device rooted and flashed TWRP on it. Then I clicked the LG update without a second thought. Now I'm stuck in recovery. I do have a nandroid, however, restoring it doesn't get me anywhere. I tried formatting the device via TWRP because I don't care about the date on it but it didn't do me any good.

Is there a way to get my device to boot again, but also keep it rooted and keep TWRP on it?
Or do I definitely have to use that LG Support tool that everyone is talking about?

Edit: The very first boot-up screen says the following:
"Secure booting Error! Cause : Device unlock!, so Boot Success!!"
Last edited by Mepsipax; 13th February 2014 at 06:15 PM.
13th February 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #13  
Flag Perchtoldsdorf/Vienna
Thanks Meter: 552

668 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepsipax

Hey letschky, what does this command do?
I've got my device rooted and flashed TWRP on it. Then I clicked the LG update without a second thought. Now I'm stuck in recovery. I do have a nandroid, however, restoring it doesn't get me anywhere. I tried formatting the device via TWRP because I don't care about the date on it but it didn't do me any good.

Is there a way to get my device to boot again, but also keep it rooted and keep TWRP on it?
Or do I definitely have to use that LG Support tool that everyone is talking about?

Edit: The very first boot-up screen says the following:
"Secure booting Error! Cause : Device unlock!, so Boot Success!!"

Install a Rom in TWRP,reboot,your´s boot automatic in TWRP,if you have a rooted rom-hog it stays that way

Go into advanced button, terminal command button, then click the return button on keyboard if you dont see the terminal prompt. Then type in the line he states and restart.
TWRP remains, it will only start back to normal,

But this is for the Lg G2, I do not know if it works when GPad and take no responsibility for
The Following User Says Thank You to letschky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread