XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot connect to cell network

Tip us?

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5420
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusaaa View Post
I am very thankful, for your guide and assistance. I am back on stock 532. Is it possible to flash another kernel/boot since this 532 sems to be without root and reovery. All tother things are back though. I cant find te thanks button. Where is that here on xda..?
Do you have your IMEI back now? If so, what's your goal? You want to root and install recovery?

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Could i jjust write fastboot flash boot and then the actual boot.img? So that i can root it...
yes or flashtool or quickimg.

If you are on a ulocked BL just flash the FTF you want to be on (.532, .290 or .136) then flash a recovery/kernel in fastboot mode then flash supersu from recovery
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Service Mess again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Do you have your IMEI back now? If so, what's your goal? You want to root and install recovery?
Basically you saved my day... I found the "Thanks"button. However what I did was to flash the 532 as you suggested. And all automagically my device was upgraded from brick to decent Z Ultra stock. Which is very good when you see your device bricked. My newest project is to get both recovery and root to function and now that I am back on 532 it seems like I have to take a few more lasses until I succeed. For some reason I am no longer capable to boot into recovery. Also starting to see myself as beeing dumb. Nothing works out the way I figured. As for the rooting part the biggest issdue seem to be that the Doomlord script for rooting doesnt find my xbin/system/su Which recovery shoud i flash to be able to flash other recoveries?

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I am on stock 532 without root.I need to be "as high as possible"-stock and still have root. Is there any idiotpr
oof solution?

magnusaaa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Wink Update

OK, now im on stock .136 without any major flaws...I would like to get root.After that i promise not to bother )

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5420
Quote:
OK, now im on stock .136 without any major flaws...I would like to get root.After that i promise not to bother )
- Here's how to root 136
- And just flash Recovery like you've always done

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.