Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,360 Members 53,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems with my SD Card

Tip us?

Rui-Ren
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] Problems with my SD Card

Recently (a couple of days ago to be exact), I tried partitioning my SD card... It worked fine but when I formatted, the system recommended that I close all running apps. I did during partition but during format I did not (stupid yes) and this damaged my SD card. So this is the problem: The phone can still read it (it shows my SD storage capacity at Settings and I was able to successfully transfer some apps to it) but the pc cannot. Whenever I connect it to pc, it doesn't do anything like show the number of things that you can do with the mass storage device; I can't even see what drive it is. I need help. Can I still salvage the SD card? I've tried formatting the card via the android device twice.

I have a back-up too, but I would like to try saving the SD card. Thank you!

I did not see any similar problems but if this question has already been submitted, I am very sorry.

nbafan
Old
(Last edited by nbafan; 12th February 2014 at 03:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1900259
This thread mentions some solution that may help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to nbafan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rui-Ren
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbafan View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1900259
This thread mentions some solution that may help you.
Thank you, I'll look into it tomorrow (as I don't have a USB Card Reader right now)

Rui-Ren
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui-Ren View Post
Thank you, I'll look into it tomorrow (as I don't have a USB Card Reader right now)
It worked for the SD card, but my pc won't detect it as a mass storage device (which it always does before). I might have overlooked some tips at the thread you gave, so I'll look again tomorrow.