Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stealth Black Version scratch repair

Tip us?

Hans_Schlila
Old
(Last edited by Hans_Schlila; 10th February 2014 at 08:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Stealth Black Version scratch repair

Hi there, i've used my One for about 3 Months now and since then, sadly some ( you also could speak of many ) scratches, especially around the corners and edges, can be seen. While this probably would not matter, if i had choosen the silver version, i definitely hate to notice all this glittering and sparkling silver scratches, which of course wouldnt be noticed that much on a silver casing, would they? Nevertheless I found a kind of temporary solution to fix those ugly spots: black permanent foil-pen to overpaint those.... The result doesnt look bad ( at least if you dont use a magnifying glass but the problem is that i always have to re-paint my device in a period of ~ 4 days, because it's not "permanent" enough... I wondered if some of you already experienced that problem and found a better solution or something that works for a longer time ; I also consider switching the back casing maybe... . Thx in advance!

P.s. I aready know that special sticker-skins ( shttp://www.slickwraps.com/HTC-One-Wraps-Skins-s/562.htm ), but just heard bad things about them (dont stick properly and peel of easily after some time of use)
||| MainDevice: hTC One M7 [International] [Stealth Black] |||
|||| @ InsertCoin SVN rev174 [KK4.4.2] + Sense 6] ||||
|||||||| S-OFF& poondog´s Kangaroo Kernel v132 | Build/FW : 5.11.1540.9 ||||||||
|| Sound: Project ERA V19.1 +SOUND EXPLOSION FINAL[KK] + IntenseBLAST + V4A ||
(¯`’•.¸~Scio me nescire ~¸.•’´¯)

Don´t forget hitting Thanks-Button!

n1234d
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Schlila View Post
Hi there, i've used my One for about 3 Months now and since then, sadly some ( you also could speak of many ) scratches, especially around the corners and edges, can be seen. While this probably would not matter, if i had choosen the silver version, i definitely hate to notice all this glittering and sparkling silver scratches, which of course wouldnt be noticed that much on a silver casing, would they? Nevertheless I found a kind of temporary solution to fix those ugly spots: black permanent foil-pen to overpaint those.... The result doesnt look bad ( at least if you dont use a magnifying glass but the problem is that i always have to re-paint my device in a period of ~ 4 days, because it's not "permanent" enough... I wondered if some of you already experienced that problem and found a better solution or something that works for a longer time ; I also consider switching the back casing maybe... . Thx in advance!

P.s. I aready know that special sticker-skins ( shttp://www.slickwraps.com/HTC-One-Wraps-Skins-s/562.htm ), but just heard bad things about them (dont stick properly and peel of easily after some time of use)
I have a silver One and want a black one soo bad :/ I wouldn't mind a few small scratches :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant)
HBOOT 3.16 S-ON
1.56.720.6 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to n1234d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hans_Schlila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Could be great, but the necessary steps to open the m7 may destroy some parts and I also dont own those suitable special tools.... Apart from this it is a great idea

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
|||||||| S-OFF& poondog´s Kangaroo Kernel v132 | Build/FW : 5.11.1540.9 ||||||||

Hans_Schlila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Or can anyone share his experiences with that kind of device modification? ( change of aluminium backcover to have a different colour). Is it absolutely necessary to use htc's special tool(s) to open up the casing?

n1234d
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Schlila View Post
Or can anyone share his experiences with that kind of device modification? ( change of aluminium backcover to have a different colour). Is it absolutely necessary to use htc's special tool(s) to open up the casing?

You just need a little heat, precision, miniscule tools, and the balls.. Planning to do it sometime later in a few months. Just search for 6italia0 on YouTube, he's done many successful color conversions

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant)
HBOOT 3.16 S-ON
1.56.720.6 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to n1234d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hans_Schlila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
I watched his conversion video today and would have all the needed tools here at home, but it seems quite risky ....