5,599,135 Members 35,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noob with "Unlocked Phones"

Tip us?
 
justinisloco
Old
#1  
justinisloco's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 570
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Noob with "Unlocked Phones"

Hi, so this may sound like a stupid question, but I have searched and searched via google even, and I don't know if im searching the terms incorrectly, or getting incorrect information...

I want to buy a Carrier-Free, Bloatware Free Galaxy S4 (Or 5 when it comes out, or even an HTC One)
I want to use it on AT&T GoPhone with LTE.

I see the different variants only working with AT&T 2G/3G or only H+, or only LTE.
When looking for a bloatware, and carrier free S4, what model should I be looking at?


Thanks in advance!
 
justinisloco
Old
#2  
justinisloco's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 570
Join Date: Mar 2011
Bump

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
 
ExjeetzZ
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 84
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Default i9505

I'm assuming you live in the US since you are talking about AT&T LTE , Only possible answer i can get for you is to get the i9505 (No contract) & then rooting it and removing all the bloatware you do not like.
i9500 does not have LTE therefore i9505 is the most suitable for you

Alternatively You can get i9505 and install a custom rom which basically removes much of the unwanted apps & even then if you want to remove some more bloatware you can always do that.
Phones :
Galaxy S2 - JB Stock w/ Siyah 5.0 @ 1.6 Ghz [Gave it away]
Galaxy S4 - WanamLite 1.5

Tablet :
Transformer Infinity (TF700T) - CleanROM Inheritance 3.4.7 @ 1.8 Ghz [Gave it away]
Nexus 10 - SaberMod w/ Trinity Ten - TX38
The Following User Says Thank You to ExjeetzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lolo9393
Old
#4  
lolo9393's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 348
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Marne la Vallée
You will get full and better support in this XDA forum 100% dedicated to AT&T Galaxy S4.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att
great isn't it?
 
justinisloco
Old
(Last edited by justinisloco; 13th February 2014 at 04:50 PM.)
#5  
justinisloco's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 570
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo9393 View Post
You will get full and better support in this XDA forum 100% dedicated to AT&T Galaxy S4.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att
great isn't it?
Unfortunately, that's not what I'm looking for. I am not looking for the AT&T variant of the s4, since I would like a carrier free phone. Hence why I was posting in this forum and not the AT&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjeetzZ View Post
I'm assuming you live in the US since you are talking about AT&T LTE , Only possible answer i can get for you is to get the i9505 (No contract) & then rooting it and removing all the bloatware you do not like.
i9500 does not have LTE therefore i9505 is the most suitable for you

Alternatively You can get i9505 and install a custom rom which basically removes much of the unwanted apps & even then if you want to remove some more bloatware you can always do that.
So the i9505 is an unlocked version? Do the unlocked phones also come with bloatware?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
 
speedwayfan75
Old
#6  
speedwayfan75's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 615
Posts: 680
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hanau

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco View Post
Unfortunately, that's not what I'm looking for. I am not looking for the AT&T variant of the s4, since I would like a carrier free phone. Hence why I was posting in this forum and not the AT&T.



So the i9505 is an unlocked version? Do the unlocked phones also come with bloatware?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
I think every S4 is coming with bloatware. Root and remove the bloatware is the only way to get rid of it.
What do you mean with unlocked? The bootloader? In this case you have to look for a I-9505 with android 4.2.2 and firmware older than mh5. (Germany) every newer firmware has a locked bootloader.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
EchoeROM V18
TWRP 2.6.3.1


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more