Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 49,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Tablet Wont charge Usbport may be malfuntioned

Tip us?

menk1313
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help! Tablet Wont charge Usbport may be malfuntioned

Ok so if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated . I bought a Sony Xperia Z WiFi only tablet about 6 months back and only 1 month into having the device it stopped charging and now I can no longer turn it on. I don't know if its the system itself or the minibus port honestly. Ive tried several things but nothing seems to work . Details- Device suddenly shut down while there was plenty of power left . I unlocked bootloader and tried to flash custom rom but couldn't figure out a small part at the end right before restarting but was able to flash a stock rom straight from Sonys FlastTool . I need this device to run my Sonnos App cause I just bought the whole kitten kabudle and my Nokia Lumia 2520 runs Windows RT which unfortunately has yet to develop an app for Sonnos . Any help would be much appreciated!

rob_h
Old
Thanks Meter 16
You may still be able to charge it via the dock connector if you can get hold of one but it won't be as convenient as being able to use a micro USB charger. Personally I'd take it back as it isn't a year old yet and see what Sony say.

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

zombiej79
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Yeah contact Sony they are really good with repairs

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk