XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I give this tab another go?

Tip us?

jan.stanicek
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Maybe your one is like that, but plenty of other people have had disconnects when it is open and they are using it normally. The amount of problem varies between devices.
On the other side - its really hard to estimate the real percent of non-functional devices. Unsatisfied customers screams usually much louder then other. I also have only minor problems with my dock - probably mostly SW related issues.

wagz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.stanicek View Post
On the other side - its really hard to estimate the real percent of non-functional devices. Unsatisfied customers screams usually much louder then other. I also have only minor problems with my dock - probably mostly SW related issues.
Well the other thing is I don't think it's the dock that's the actual problem anyway. I actually think it is the connector on the tablet. Early on a lot of us figured that out by plugging in our usb cable to the computer (into the tablet directly without the dock attached) and tapped on the connector plugged into the tablet. It was very sensitive and disconnected on the slightest touch. That's why you see a bunch of people saying they tried 4 or 7 different docks and complain that all docks are bad. it's not the docks, it's the connector on the tablet and people are assuming it's the dock.

Anyway, I do have disconnects when moving my tablet around while attached to the dock, but my point was that in practice, it doesn't really effect my daily work because when I'm doing work (even in bed), you usually open up the tablet and start typing, you're really not swinging it around while docked or typing while walking or constantly adjusting screen position.

So I also agree that there's lots of happy customers that don't notice the disconnects because of the "In practice" it's not really noticeable thing. It happens, it's just not interfering with Dock work. But People who notice tend to be the most vocal.

I love mine disconnects and all

Snah001
Old
Thanks Meter 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.stanicek View Post
Well maybe you would start screaming after you returned your fourth tf701 like I did. The disconnect problem occurred after 2 weeks of use just when tapping the screen!!
So please not display people with the problem as fools !!!
From the store (biggest in my country) where I got my 4 tf701 from I heard they got about 70% of the tablets returned with this problem and all were send back to Asus.
Maybe you can live with it but majority won't because they have paid for a good working device, not a faulty one!!

Sent from my Asus Infinity TF700 with Dock
1 x ONE M8 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock
The Following User Says Thank You to Snah001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]