Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New user w ?

Tip us?

9wire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 309
Default New user w ?

Finally getting my gear, have a couple questions. Plan on rooting and installing Null, I'm on xnote rom, att note 3.
When I first turn it on will it ota update and is that bad?
Will I have the ability to answer gmail and text messages?
I always use my bt headset at work for calls and music, will I still be able to while using the GG?
Thanks!

psycho1200
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9wire View Post
Finally getting my gear, have a couple questions. Plan on rooting and installing Null, I'm on xnote rom, att note 3.
When I first turn it on will it ota update and is that bad?
Will I have the ability to answer gmail and text messages?
I always use my bt headset at work for calls and music, will I still be able to while using the GG?
Thanks!
Just follow the tutorial posted by null on android development i recommend you to dont install the ota and update the firmware manually using odin, you can have the ability to answer text messages only if you install tablet talk, i never try it but some guys are talking about it you just need to follow the tuto and you will get all your answers, have fun

jmorton10
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho1200 View Post
you can have the ability to answer text messages only if you install tablet talk, i never try it but some guys are talking about it :
TabletTalk works ,, I have it installed & working (with all contacts synced with name/pics etc.) but even using Fleksy keyboard (by far the best KB for the gear) I would have to be pretty desperate before I would use it rather than just pull out my phone to answer a text.
~John

VZ Note 3, rooted, Beans ROM/Nova Prime/Custom icons
Gear watch with Null 22.1 ROM & Trangulum kernel,themed etc.

Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, rooted W/ Google Playstore & Amazon app store working.
Amazon Prime Video/GMAIL etc. all working perfectly.
Leather Origami case.
Moshi iVisor XT screen protector

MS Surface Pro Tablet W/touch KB
64 gig plus Sandisk (junk) 64 gig MicroSD

Lol, I feel sorry for the pathetic posters who beg everybody to thank them in their signatures.....

Killerheels
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
TabletTalk works ,, I have it installed & working (with all contacts synced with name/pics etc.) but even using Fleksy keyboard (by far the best KB for the gear) I would have to be pretty desperate before I would use it rather than just pull out my phone to answer a text.
How did you get their pics to sync onto each of the contacts? For the life of me I can't do this!