Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Great Experience with Asurion

Tip us?

monkeychef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Thumbs up Great Experience with Asurion

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to tell everyone about my recent experience with the insurance provider of Sprint, Asurion. In the past I heard a lot of terrible things about them, and really expected the worst. On Sunday I was pushed into the corner of a table and my phone hit the corner, cracking the screen and for whatever reason keeping the screen from actually functioning at all. Sunday night I attempted to file a claim, but for security reasons I had to call them.

Monday morning rolls around and I call. They have all of my information from the initial claim and only need my credit card for the deductible. Throughout this entire process they wouldn't do anything unless I had my Sprint pin, which was nice because meant they were serious about security since it is hard to access the pin. The Asurion rep tells me that I'll get the phone most likely the next day and I received tracking information a few hours later that said the same thing.

So Tuesday rolls around, and on the tracker is says that it should arrive at the destination by 3pm. Sure enough, by 2pm it was already there. The self activation wouldn't allow me activate the phone (again for some odd security reason) and I had to call Sprint directly. I called and quickly got a very pleasant woman named Christina who was very clear, loud, American, and enjoyed chatting with me while we waited for the phone to finish its testing. Within 10 minutes I was up and running again.

To be honest I was completely surprised by the great service that I received throughout the entire process. Better yet, I'm pretty sure the phone I got to replace mine was brand new since it had no marks on it and still had the original stickers.

TL;DR I had a great experience with Asurion and Sprint after breaking my phone.

Side note: The reason we paid $11/mo is because its a convenience. Asurion covers everything that could possibly happen to the phone, and then gets a new phone extremely quickly, quicker than most other companies. Many people on my account need this service, including myself since I'm at school and am very involved on campus and speak with outside companies and advisers quite a bit. While it seems unnecessary to pay this fee every month, it is definitely FASTER than saving that money up and buy a new Nexus 5 directly from Google for $350. Will it be nice? Of course it will be, but I won't get it as fast as Asurion sends it.
Samsung Galaxy S4 on Sprint
-Rom: Stock
-Kernal: Stock

Retired - OG HTC Evo 4G on Sprint
-Rom: Stock
-Kernal: Stock

Acer Iconia A500
-Rom: Thor's ICS from Tegra Owners

█If you could help me get more space in Dropbox I would really appreciate it. http://db.tt/XSsDpyk
Helpful Threads!
How to Sync your Box.net account crossplatform using SocialFolder's. Here
Want to build your own computer tower, but don't know where to start? PM Me!
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeychef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AsurionCares
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Asurion: Excellent Customer Service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeychef View Post
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to tell everyone about my recent experience with the insurance provider of Sprint, Asurion. In the past I heard a lot of terrible things about them, and really expected the worst. On Sunday I was pushed into the corner of a table and my phone hit the corner, cracking the screen and for whatever reason keeping the screen from actually functioning at all. Sunday night I attempted to file a claim, but for security reasons I had to call them.

Monday morning rolls around and I call. They have all of my information from the initial claim and only need my credit card for the deductible. Throughout this entire process they wouldn't do anything unless I had my Sprint pin, which was nice because meant they were serious about security since it is hard to access the pin. The Asurion rep tells me that I'll get the phone most likely the next day and I received tracking information a few hours later that said the same thing.

So Tuesday rolls around, and on the tracker is says that it should arrive at the destination by 3pm. Sure enough, by 2pm it was already there. The self activation wouldn't allow me activate the phone (again for some odd security reason) and I had to call Sprint directly. I called and quickly got a very pleasant woman named Christina who was very clear, loud, American, and enjoyed chatting with me while we waited for the phone to finish its testing. Within 10 minutes I was up and running again.

To be honest I was completely surprised by the great service that I received throughout the entire process. Better yet, I'm pretty sure the phone I got to replace mine was brand new since it had no marks on it and still had the original stickers.

TL;DR I had a great experience with Asurion and Sprint after breaking my phone.

Side note: The reason we paid $11/mo is because its a convenience. Asurion covers everything that could possibly happen to the phone, and then gets a new phone extremely quickly, quicker than most other companies. Many people on my account need this service, including myself since I'm at school and am very involved on campus and speak with outside companies and advisers quite a bit. While it seems unnecessary to pay this fee every month, it is definitely FASTER than saving that money up and buy a new Nexus 5 directly from Google for $350. Will it be nice? Of course it will be, but I won't get it as fast as Asurion sends it.

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy we could help get you reconnected. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need us. We are always happy to help!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by neswii View Post
I had a really sh*tty experience. When they replaced my HTC one due to the camera being faulty they gave me a One with a terrible, cheap screen. They do not use official components and that particular one had a cracked screen before or something. Just terrible. I demanded a new phone and got an S4.
While we are disappointed to learn you had some challenges with your replacement, we are happy we were able to get you taken care of. Our goal is to provide like-for-like replacement devices for our customers. We do use both new and certified-like-new phones in order to provide this service. Rest assured, all of our certified-like-new phones use 100% OEM parts. We are so confident in the quality of this product that all of our phones do come with a 12-month limited warranty that will replace your device at no charge if it has a warranty failure during that time period. Is your current device functioning properly for you? If not, please let us know.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com

enik_fox
Old
Thanks Meter 57
You have probably had the only positive experience I've ever seen. Your better off buying through Squaretrade for insurance as long as your not worried about lost or stolen. The deductable is usually half the price too

Sent from my Lumia 928