5,605,904 Members 47,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] DN3 v3.2 freeze and fc problem

Tip us?
 
dgxianxin
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Exclamation [Q] DN3 v3.2 freeze and fc problem

Hi, I just installed this rom and I admit it, this is the best rom I have ever used so far. However I encountered problems from my 1st day of using it. My phone keeps forced restart everytime I simple things such as restoring backup using titanium backup, and also when I charged overnight, my phone freezed so that I need to pull out the battery.
Any idea what might cause this? And how to solve this?

I used to use rooted stock kernel stock rom 4.1.2 from samsung, then I installed tigra rom v4 without flashing mj5 bootloader, I only flashed dr ketan wifi fix patch. Then before I installed this rom, I used "clean install rom" in philz recovery after that I installed dn3 v3.2.

Did I miss some steps here?
Do I need to full wipe using philz recovery or it is sufficoent with its "clean install rom"?
Or maybe this problem has relation with bootloader? Do I need to flash it with mj5? Bcs I didnt make any change on it since I dont have any idea with bootloader.

Please help me, I really love this rom, and I want to make it in my phone for a long time. I have looked for the same problem with me in this thread n couldnt find any answer. Thank you in advance,
 
Androidwizzard
Old
(Last edited by Androidwizzard; 13th February 2014 at 12:06 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 423
Join Date: Nov 2013
First I would try Dr. Ketan's reboot and wifi fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=3

Second option, if no help from the fix, you might flash mj5 BL.
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidwizzard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
geekynoob
Old
#3  
geekynoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1832
Posts: 2,582
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgxianxin View Post
Hi, I just installed this rom and I admit it, this is the best rom I have ever used so far. However I encountered problems from my 1st day of using it. My phone keeps forced restart everytime I simple things such as restoring backup using titanium backup, and also when I charged overnight, my phone freezed so that I need to pull out the battery.
Any idea what might cause this? And how to solve this?

I used to use rooted stock kernel stock rom 4.1.2 from samsung, then I installed tigra rom v4 without flashing mj5 bootloader, I only flashed dr ketan wifi fix patch. Then before I installed this rom, I used "clean install rom" in philz recovery after that I installed dn3 v3.2.

Did I miss some steps here?
Do I need to full wipe using philz recovery or it is sufficoent with its "clean install rom"?
Or maybe this problem has relation with bootloader? Do I need to flash it with mj5? Bcs I didnt make any change on it since I dont have any idea with bootloader.

Please help me, I really love this rom, and I want to make it in my phone for a long time. I have looked for the same problem with me in this thread n couldnt find any answer. Thank you in advance,

its the bootloader that causes issues..!! Avoid restoring apps to avoid further issues..!! Rest all should be happy and nippy
The Following User Says Thank You to geekynoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dgxianxin
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard View Post
First I would try Dr. Ketan's reboot and wifi fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=3

Second option, if no help from the fix, you might flash mj5 BL.
thanks for the reply, can i just straightly flash boot loader without wiping again, i mean i wiped it on first place before installation of this rom, then i restored n downloaded some apps in it, can i just straightly flash it afterwards?
 
dgxianxin
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekynoob View Post
its the bootloader that causes issues..!! Avoid restoring apps to avoid further issues..!! Rest all should be happy and nippy
thanks for the reply . i had tried that way, i fresh-installed all my apps using google account, i mean i freshly installed all the apps from playstore when i log in my google account (google stores all the apps i have installed, and freshly installed all the apps i used to use back to my new rom from playstore). any suggestion?
 
Androidwizzard
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 423
Join Date: Nov 2013
You can only flash BL with PC-Odin PDA look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidwizzard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nitol
Old
#7  
nitol's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2513
Posts: 2,978
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: dhaka
Hope after flashing the boot loader your problem is solved.
Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
NiToL mArUf
Using GT P-1000
HTC HD with GB 2.37
Galaxy Note2
Galaxy Tab 3
 
Kiloy
Old
#8  
Kiloy's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 31
Join Date: Apr 2013
That also happened to me. Flash the MJ5 bootloader. I flashed the "BL_N7100XXUEMJ5_1903221_REV04_user_low_ship.t ar" using ODIN 3.09
to be specific. Then I downloaded the :samsung info" app to check if my patching is successful.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes