[Q] LG 4.2.2 Change System Dialogs to Look More Like KitKat?

OP autom8r

4th February 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119

432 posts
More
Hi,
I've installed Nova Launcher and it pretty much does the job converting the phone's look to KitKat on the Stock LG 4.2.2 ROM.

The only things Nova Launcher doesn't replace are the Notification Bar and the System Dialogs (like the Dialog that does Power Off). System Dialogs are an ugly white and grey, and they look surprisingly similar to Samsung's ugly ass UI, at least early versions of it.

So, does anyone know how to make the System Dialogs look more like KitKat, or at least, turn them dark from white?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I've used the Xpload framework and it really messed over my battery life, I'd like to do this using root if possible.
4th February 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 378

642 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autom8r

Hi,
I've installed Nova Launcher and it pretty much does the job converting the phone's look to KitKat on the Stock LG 4.2.2 ROM.

The only things Nova Launcher doesn't replace are the Notification Bar and the System Dialogs (like the Dialog that does Power Off). System Dialogs are an ugly white and grey, and they look surprisingly similar to Samsung's ugly ass UI, at least early versions of it.

So, does anyone know how to make the System Dialogs look more like KitKat, or at least, turn them dark from white?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I've used the Xpload framework and it really messed over my battery life, I'd like to do this using root if possible.

Decompile the framework invert all the toast images and a bunch more then find the XML that controls the text color you want and walla.. All done.

PS.. Odds are when you do this your going to inadvertently cause white on white or black on black. Best of luck
Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Last edited by zathus; 4th February 2014 at 05:06 AM.
4th February 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zathus

Decompile the framework invert all the toast images and a bunch more then find the XML that controls the text color you want and walla.. All done.

PS.. Odds are when you do this your going to inadvertently cause white on white or black on black. Best of luck

Not sure about the last statement in the PS, white and black are easily distinguishable colors #FFFFFF vs #000000...

Anyway, is there any root level app that does this type of asset replacement?

Thanks!
4th February 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 378

642 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autom8r

Not sure about the last statement in the PS, white and black are easily distinguishable colors #FFFFFF vs #000000...

Anyway, is there any root level app that does this type of asset replacement?

Thanks!

No what I ment was sometimes there tied to something else. Like you change the text for the toast popups to white, and in settings the text is also white. So, in settings its white on white. Just an example, and I don't think there is an app however I'd imagine there could be. Xposed or something. Toss in a request on the g2 xposed threads.

The Following User Says Thank You to zathus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zathus

No what I ment was sometimes there tied to something else. Like you change the text for the toast popups to white, and in settings the text is also white. So, in settings its white on white. Just an example, and I don't think there is an app however I'd imagine there could be. Xposed or something. Toss in a request on the g2 xposed threads.

Ah yes, I see what you're saying. Luckily though, I think this won't be the case because LG literally uses white on black and there's absolutely no dark backgrounds I could find in their UI whatsoever. The dialer is a dark grey, but I don't need to change the dialer, just system dialogs.

I am going down this road now, I am ripping apart the assets in the backend trying to find the key files to tweak and replace. Fun, I love this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, dialogs, kitkat, lgg2, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread