Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No 5.1-channel surround audio

Tip us?

Mad Catz Rich
Old
Thanks Meter 37
As long as the TV shows and movies you're watching are outputting Dolby Digital or PCM then you're fine.

AmigaWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Catz Rich View Post
As long as the TV shows and movies you're watching are outputting Dolby Digital or PCM then you're fine.
Come on will you, ALL TV shows and Movies are Dolby digital and DTS and more, and Dolby digital is not 5.1 on the Mad Catz M.O.J.O. only Stereo.
Huawei Honor 2 u9508 2GB

U9508_EMUI_2.0_V100R001CHNC00B804 with new Emotion UI 2.0.

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, And a king ain't satisfied, till he rules everything"

Mad Catz Rich
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Did you try the test file I linked you to on Dolby's site? I assume you did and found that you got 5.1 sound from it. I certainly did - just like I did from the PCM test file that you linked. If you did then that shows you that Dolby Digital sound is working on MOJO - the next step is for you to confirm the exact audio that's encoded on the files that you're using. If they're DTS then you will get stereo, but if they're correctly encoded in either 5.1 Dolby Digital (remember that there is also such a thing as Dolby Digital 2.0!) or PCM then you'll get 5.1 sound.

For DTS encoded files where you're only getting stereo I'll bet your amp features an option to enable Dolby Pro Logic IIx on the stereo signal which, in my experience, creates a surprisingly effective surround effect.

AmigaWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Did you try the test file I linked you to on Dolby's site? I assume you did and found that you got 5.1 sound from it. I certainly did - just like I did from the PCM test file that you linked. If you did then that shows you that Dolby Digital sound is working on MOJO - the next step is for you to confirm the exact audio that's encoded on the files that you're using. If they're DTS then you will get stereo, but if they're correctly encoded in either 5.1 Dolby Digital (remember that there is also such a thing as Dolby Digital 2.0!) or PCM then you'll get 5.1 sound.

For DTS encoded files where you're only getting stereo I'll bet your amp features an option to enable Dolby Pro Logic IIx on the stereo signal which, in my experience, creates a surprisingly effective surround effect.
Strange because the MKV movie(s) i played that had AC3 5.1 (is Dolby digital) played in Stereo, and yes i have Dolby Pro Logic IIx, but DTS or DTS-HD Master sounds MUCH better then Dolby Pro Logic IIx.

But it doesn't matter, i do not have the MadCatz M.O.J.O. anymore, it went back to the store.

But why do you sell a Android TV Box that has no video players installed on it, with Codec packs so you can hear sound if you play Movies with Dolby
Digital, Dolby TrueHD and DTS, DTS-HD Master, that is very strange.

All and i mean all the Android TV Boxes out of china have them already installed, so that it works good on there Hardware.

Like the very popular MINIX NEO X5 and MINIX NEO X7, and MeLE M9 and MeLE A1000G.

And yes gaming on then is the same as on the MadCatz M.O.J.O., you buy a PS3 GPS3CT01 (Gamepad) for $14.00 at tinydeal, and can play all the
games that has Gamepad support, and more with a air mouse, that comes with the Android TV Boxes.
Huawei Honor 2 u9508 2GB

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, And a king ain't satisfied, till he rules everything"

Mad Catz Rich
Old
Thanks Meter 37
MOJO is a completely open system onto which you can install any media player that you like. We do make recommendations (such as linking to the apk for MXPlayer on our getting started site, linked on the homescreen of MOJO) but ultimately it's your box to do with as you wish.

Regarding gaming being the same, well that's already not true with a lot of the latest games coming out and the gap is only going to get wider with some of the apps we know are coming this year.

Mad Catz Rich
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Update: we've been talking to the guys at XBMC and this looks like an issue with the pass-through function in XBMC on Android. We'll update once we have a solution - in the meantime the pass-through function works fine in MXPlayer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Catz Rich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AmigaWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Update: we've been talking to the guys at XBMC and this looks like an issue with the pass-through function in XBMC on Android. We'll update once we have a solution - in the meantime the pass-through function works fine in MXPlayer.
Ok then, but can you please buy a DTS pass so that we can hear all the audio codecs, just like MeLE and VidOn has don?
Huawei Honor 2 u9508 2GB