5,597,198 Members 43,443 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ainol Eternal/Captain battery not charging

Tip us?

dreamerman
Old
(Last edited by dreamerman; 30th January 2014 at 09:56 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Ainol Eternal/Captain battery not charging

My tablet works fine with wall charger but does not charge the battery. The battery remains at 0% at all time. The tablet used to work as it should in the first week. Then suddenly the battery goes flat 0% and refuse to charge. From posts in various forums, the cause could be loose battery connections or under performing wall charger.

I cracked open the tablet and all its innards seems to be buttoned down tight. No loose connections or loose soldering. The battery wires connecting to the board seems to be fine and fitted tightly.

I used a multimeter to test the DC wall charger. Specs of the wall charger are Output: 5V 3.0A Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.5A. I am not sure how to read the meter but I thought it showed 4.8v instead of at least 5.0v? Could this be the reason why my battery won't charge?

Can anyone with experience give some thoughts? Many thanks.

Update: SOLVED.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Meter.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	2520541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tablet4.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	2520542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tablet2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	2520543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tablet3.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	2520544  
*STAR N9689 MT6589 Quad Core 1G/8G 5.7" Display 64GB Memory Card Android 4.2.1 Stock ROM Rooted*
*W450 MT6582 Quad Core 1G/4G 4.5" Display 16GB Memory Card Android 4.2.2 Stock ROM Rooted*
*AINOL NOVO 10 Eternal 2G/16G 10.1" Dispay Android 4.2.2 Stock ROM Rooted*
*HTC Desire C Rooted*

jyubai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same / similar problem

HI ,

I noticed your post a weeks back and have been waiting for some one to post a solution.
I too have a malfunctioning Captain and have like you pulled it apart, installed new software and scanned the net for months hoping for a solution.
I purchased a new 5V3A charger but that is barely getting the battery icon on.

I have read somewhere that a min. of 12V3A is required to charge the battery. Could you confirm?

I guess the easiest thing is to ask if you could post your solution.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
My tablet works fine with wall charger but does not charge the battery. The battery remains at 0% at all time. The tablet used to work as it should in the first week. Then suddenly the battery goes flat 0% and refuse to charge. From posts in various forums, the cause could be loose battery connections or under performing wall charger.

I cracked open the tablet and all its innards seems to be buttoned down tight. No loose connections or loose soldering. The battery wires connecting to the board seems to be fine and fitted tightly.

I used a multimeter to test the DC wall charger. Specs of the wall charger are Output: 5V 3.0A Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.5A. I am not sure how to read the meter but I thought it showed 4.8v instead of at least 5.0v? Could this be the reason why my battery won't charge?

Can anyone with experience give some thoughts? Many thanks.

Update: SOLVED.

dreamerman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyubai View Post
I guess the easiest thing is to ask if you could post your solution
I posted the solution at slatedroid. I did not get any response from this forum so did not post the solution here. BTW, there is nothing wrong with my wall charger.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/5272...9-roms/page-30
*STAR N9689 MT6589 Quad Core 1G/8G 5.7" Display 64GB Memory Card Android 4.2.1 Stock ROM Rooted*
*W450 MT6582 Quad Core 1G/4G 4.5" Display 16GB Memory Card Android 4.2.2 Stock ROM Rooted*
*AINOL NOVO 10 Eternal 2G/16G 10.1" Dispay Android 4.2.2 Stock ROM Rooted*
*HTC Desire C Rooted*

jyubai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

thankyou for that..

I will try when I get home.

Thanks again..