Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,288 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! A noob has a problem with his boot animations.

Tip us?

FreezIn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Default Help! A noob has a problem with his boot animations.

So a few days ago I downloaded boot animations from play store. The boot animations were working fine. But then in supersu I tapped full unroot because I didn't want root anymore. It did unroot and the boot animations were still working. Then I thought I actually want root again cause my app GL to SD doesn't work without root. It took many times for me to get Odin to flash the root file thing cause I'm so noob that I forgot to install the Samsung drivers. It was rooted successfully. Then about a day or two, I lost my custom boot animation. BTW I did a factory wipe and reset through recovery be4 this happened. So I thought that when I install another custom boot animation it will fix the problem so I did. But it didn't work. All it shows is Samsung galaxy s4 then a black screen the. Then the lockscreen came up. It does boot into android. Do I have any corrupted boot animation files are missing any? Did the factory wipe and reset wiped my boot animation files? ( but that can't probably be possible ). Or did the unrooting and rooting broke my boot animation files? Have anyone gone through this problem be4. Thanks in advance. And also BTW it is running on cm 11.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

FreezIn
Old
(Last edited by FreezIn; 10th February 2014 at 10:28 PM.) Reason: edit
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
below is an image of the folder of system media tried setting permissions to rw-r-r but still no luck.

EDIT: Just notice that i have 2 pics that have 2 different boot animations. This pic was took early and the other pic was took later and i changed the boot animtaion file be4 i posted the second pic.

FreezIn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
and here is the folder of the data/local folder. Same permissions and put the boot animation in the data/local folder and the system/media folder but it still won't work.

FreezIn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Update: Just founded out that my custom recovery image thing has been changed. Be4 it was CWM and now it is the android default recovery. What have I done?

FreezIn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Anyone help me?