FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

*******Upgrading 4.1.1 to 4.2.1 or 4.3********HELP!!

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By team_hob, Junior Member on 8th February 2014, 05:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi Guys,

Here is a breakdown of the facts:

I have a SGH-I747 (Canadian version)

I wanted to unlock it so I downgraded and installed 4.1.1 (I747MUMLL1)
After, I realized that the 4.1.1 is outdated and don't like the layout...etc.

Now, I want to go back to 4.2.1 or 4.3.

What are the steps to install 4.2.1 or 4.3 ?
Do I have to root the phone before installing anything?


Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
 
8th February 2014, 05:10 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 477
 
More
either Odin to 4.3 or check system update in setting

sent from my mobile device
8th February 2014, 05:24 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
downgrade?
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_hob

Hi Guys,

Here is a breakdown of the facts:

I have a SGH-I747 (Canadian version)

I wanted to unlock it so I downgraded and installed 4.1.1 (I747MUMLL1)
After, I realized that the 4.1.1 is outdated and don't like the layout...etc.

Now, I want to go back to 4.2.1 or 4.3.

What are the steps to install 4.2.1 or 4.3 ?
Do I have to root the phone before installing anything?


Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

How did you downgrade?
...i've been looking around a a way to unlock on 4.3 but most info is for 4.1.1 and 4.1.2, do you remember how you did it?
8th February 2014, 12:30 PM |#4  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,012
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx15901

How did you downgrade?
...i've been looking around a a way to unlock on 4.3 but most info is for 4.1.1 and 4.1.2, do you remember how you did it?

You cannot downgrade the bootloader, only the ROM.

It has been theorized that downgrading the ROM to 4.1.1 and keeping the 4.3 bootloader would give you the necessary options to unlock the phone using the free method, but no one has posted the results of doing this.

I couldn't find a ROM matching MUMLL1 but many ROMs are located here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=BMC#firmware
Last edited by audit13; 8th February 2014 at 01:10 PM.
11th February 2014, 02:55 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

either Odin to 4.3 or check system update in setting

sent from my mobile device

Do you where I can download 4.3? Does it matter on the cellphone provider?

System update doesn't work...its say's system is up-to-date.
11th February 2014, 03:17 AM |#6  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,012
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_hob

Do you where I can download 4.3? Does it matter on the cellphone provider?

System update doesn't work...its say's system is up-to-date.

Look on samfirmware.com for stock ROMs for your carrier. The firmware must be flashed via desktop Odin.
11th February 2014, 01:43 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

You cannot downgrade the bootloader, only the ROM.

It has been theorized that downgrading the ROM to 4.1.1 and keeping the 4.3 bootloader would give you the necessary options to unlock the phone using the free method, but no one has posted the results of doing this.

I couldn't find a ROM matching MUMLL1 but many ROMs are located here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=BMC#firmware

I read in one of these threads that flashing via Mobile Odin, rather than desktop Odin, will flash the ROM but not the bootloader. Can anyone confirm if it is possible to safely downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1.1 via this method?
14th February 2014, 01:28 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Look on samfirmware.com for stock ROMs for your carrier. The firmware must be flashed via desktop Odin.

I have downloaded lastest firmware for Telus from Sammobile.

Should I just use odin and install the new firmware? Do I need to do something to the ROM before I install the firmware? I'm a newbie to flashing so all the help would be help.

Thanks
14th February 2014, 02:23 AM |#9  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,012
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_hob

I have downloaded lastest firmware for Telus from Sammobile.

Should I just use odin and install the new firmware? Do I need to do something to the ROM before I install the firmware? I'm a newbie to flashing so all the help would be help.

Thanks

If you are using an i747m, you can use Odin to flash the firmware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes