5,606,465 Members 33,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

IMEI repair

Tip us?
 
bachera
Old
#11  
bachera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 203
Posts: 1,029
Join Date: Sep 2013
Because of identification issues, imei is rarely changeable by average user, its not likely it will ever be some file you can edit just like that mwahhaha

Sent from my g2 using xda app-developers app
 
freebee269
Old
#12  
freebee269's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 385
Posts: 793
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalamazoo

 
DONATE TO ME
i had this same problem on a windows phone. i tried to reinstall the stock rom on it to get my imei back. i could get the rom installed but had no network connection because imei was still messed up. long story short, if you have no efs backup then you're just f'ed. you may be able to get it fixed with a jtag repair. there's a company that specializes in things like this if you google them. they are mobiletechvideos. i've delt with them before and they are nice people. the only option you may have is to change your imei. but that is illegal.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269


 
bachera
Old
#13  
bachera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 203
Posts: 1,029
Join Date: Sep 2013
actually lg can do it also
The Following User Says Thank You to bachera For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
evilkoal
Old
(Last edited by evilkoal; 13th February 2014 at 04:32 AM.) Reason: spelling errors
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269 View Post
i had this same problem on a windows phone. i tried to reinstall the stock rom on it to get my imei back. i could get the rom installed but had no network connection because imei was still messed up. long story short, if you have no efs backup then you're just f'ed. you may be able to get it fixed with a jtag repair. there's a company that specializes in things like this if you google them. they are mobiletechvideos. i've delt with them before and they are nice people. the only option you may have is to change your imei. but that is illegal.
Well how would I go about changing it, for educational purposes only, of course. We'll just say I'm not bound by the same laws as you folks because of where I live currently, and the fact that I purchased my phone.

if LG and companies can do it, then we can do it as well. The information is somewhere on the phone, accessible to these people, so it is there and accessible for us as well. There is no way that this is impossible if someone else can do it.
 
G1_enthusiast
Old
(Last edited by G1_enthusiast; 13th February 2014 at 06:27 AM.)
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,916
Join Date: Oct 2009
IMEI is what your service provider use to turn off phones if its stolen, and use it to track down people that stole your phone. Once its gone its gone, this is call a hard brick, you cant fix it, send it in or buy another phone. Stop being a hard head, or having faith, you cant fix this.

P.S Dont give him your IMEI, if he did manage to fix it with your IMEI (by an act of god), that means your phone is Effed...its like stealing identity.
Phone
HTC Touch pro II -----> Tmobile G1 -----> HTC HD2 -----> Tmobile G2 -----> Samsung galaxy S II -----> Samsung galaxy S3 -----> Sony Xperia "Zed"----->HTC ONE(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)----->LG G2

Tablet

Tmobile Slate ---------------------> Blackberry playbook ------------------------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ------------------------>Nexus 7 ------------------------>Nexus 7 Second Gen ------------------------> Dell Venue 8 Pro
 
evilkoal
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast View Post
IMEI is what your service provider use to turn off phones if its stolen, and use it to track down people that stole your phone. Once its gone its gone, this is call a hard brick, you cant fix it, send it in or buy another phone. Stop being a hard head, or having faith, you cant fix this.

P.S Dont give him your IMEI, if he did manage to fix it with your IMEI (by an act of god), that means your phone is Effed...its like stealing identity.
you sir, are retarded. I am not asking for anybody's imei. if you could understand what was written, you would see that i am attempting to figure out how to edit the imei. it is not illegal to change your own phone's imei unless it is stolen, and i do not live in america or europe so i am out of those d-bag's jurisdiction. I can legally do whatever i want.
I cannot send in my phone because it is beyond the warranty, and i have already rooted it. it is not hardbricked, because it still turns on, wifi works fine, a hard brick is when your phone will not even boot up. learn your terminology. IMEI repair is possible, obviously, because tech companies can fix it, and so are the manufacturers. if it were hard coded, the manufacturer would have to pull a chip out of the phone, which is highly unlikely as it is neither cost nor time efficient.
you stop being a hard head, and thinking that things are impossible. if everybody thought like you, we would still be beating each other over the head with sticks.
 
yoohoo
Old
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 53
Join Date: Sep 2008
I was once in the same boat whereby I accidentally restored the efs backup from my wife's g2. Fortunately I had a backup of my efs and everything was fine after I restored the original copy.

Sorry this info will most probably not helping you.
 
freebee269
Old
#18  
freebee269's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 385
Posts: 793
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalamazoo

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkoal View Post
you sir, are retarded. I am not asking for anybody's imei. if you could understand what was written, you would see that i am attempting to figure out how to edit the imei. it is not illegal to change your own phone's imei unless it is stolen, and i do not live in america or europe so i am out of those d-bag's jurisdiction. I can legally do whatever i want.
I cannot send in my phone because it is beyond the warranty, and i have already rooted it. it is not hardbricked, because it still turns on, wifi works fine, a hard brick is when your phone will not even boot up. learn your terminology. IMEI repair is possible, obviously, because tech companies can fix it, and so are the manufacturers. if it were hard coded, the manufacturer would have to pull a chip out of the phone, which is highly unlikely as it is neither cost nor time efficient.
you stop being a hard head, and thinking that things are impossible. if everybody thought like you, we would still be beating each other over the head with sticks.
you are right, imei's are not hard coded. most of them are just a txt file in the partition that is read. but if you corrupt that partition then you cant get that txt file back. not all manufacturers use a txt file though, as was the case with my lumia 920. nokia uses something else, like a xml file that is harder to alter than a txt file. this is why i suggested a jtag. they will be able to get you back up and running but there's a possibility that you still wont have you imei repaired. in that case you wont have network connection. lg can also do this for you. if they wont be able to recover your imei they will just give you a new one that is not associated with any other phone. but i suspect lg will want some money to do this.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269


 
G1_enthusiast
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,916
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkoal View Post
you sir, are retarded. I am not asking for anybody's imei. if you could understand what was written, you would see that i am attempting to figure out how to edit the imei. it is not illegal to change your own phone's imei unless it is stolen, and i do not live in america or europe so i am out of those d-bag's jurisdiction. I can legally do whatever i want.
I cannot send in my phone because it is beyond the warranty, and i have already rooted it. it is not hardbricked, because it still turns on, wifi works fine, a hard brick is when your phone will not even boot up. learn your terminology. IMEI repair is possible, obviously, because tech companies can fix it, and so are the manufacturers. if it were hard coded, the manufacturer would have to pull a chip out of the phone, which is highly unlikely as it is neither cost nor time efficient.
you stop being a hard head, and thinking that things are impossible. if everybody thought like you, we would still be beating each other over the head with sticks.
who's the retarded one? the one that got their IMEI deleted or the one telling you that its not possible? this issue was first discover on the Samsung Galaxy S2 and no one has an answer for it unless you backed up your EFS, which I'm sure you dint.

your right you can do whatever you want, but I'm telling people not to give their IMEI to you, in case they dont know. If they are dumb enough to give it to you, then they are just as dumb as you for deleting your IMEI.

you can send it in, if you dont have warranty, then pay for them to fix it...duh? if you want to play then you gotta pay. Your right your phone is not technically "hardbrick" but if you cant make call, cant connect to service provider, cant send text message, cant do what a phone suppose to do then its a hard brick or would you like to call it an ipod touch? because I'm happy to accommodate you. G-luck dummy lol.
Phone
HTC Touch pro II -----> Tmobile G1 -----> HTC HD2 -----> Tmobile G2 -----> Samsung galaxy S II -----> Samsung galaxy S3 -----> Sony Xperia "Zed"----->HTC ONE(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)----->LG G2

Tablet

Tmobile Slate ---------------------> Blackberry playbook ------------------------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ------------------------>Nexus 7 ------------------------>Nexus 7 Second Gen ------------------------> Dell Venue 8 Pro
 
ApriliaM3
Old
#20  
ApriliaM3's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 12746
Posts: 5,432
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Songkhla
We don't allow IMEI discussions on XDA, especially discussions which are heading the way this one is.

Thread closed.


THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes