Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 40,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to unlock bootloader 4.1.2 firmware?

Tip us?
 
audit13
Old
#11  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 343
Posts: 2,144
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj809 View Post
Thanks, I did the downgrade without any problems and now I'll try to flash a custom rom, even though I still see that the bootloader is still enabled using the 4.1.1
Since you're on 4.1.1, you should unlock your phone using the free method here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2529200

Then use Odin to go back to 4.1.2, install Philz, wipe, and then flash your ROM. You can only use the free method when you are running stock 4.1.1.

It will always say enabled on stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shortydoggg
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 253
Posts: 718
Join Date: Apr 2011
You cannot Odin back to 4.1.2, and probably not OTA either. You can only sideload an update.zip through adb or flash a 4.1.2 Rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
edj809
Old
#13  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Since you're on 4.1.1, you should unlock your phone using the free method here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2529200

Then use Odin to go back to 4.1.2, install Philz, wipe, and then flash your ROM. You can only use the free method when you are running stock 4.1.1.

It will always say enabled on stock.
-- Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg View Post
You cannot Odin back to 4.1.2, and probably not OTA either. You can only sideload an update.zip through adb or flash a 4.1.2 Rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I upgrade to 4.1.2 from adb with update.zip, thanks.
 
edj809
Old
#14  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
Because everytime I flash a rom, everytime I'm doing a call the screen goes black and can't do anything, I flashed 3 roms (AOSP, MIUI and AOSB) y the three of them gave me the same problems. I heard that I needed to update the Bootloader but I want to be 100% sure before doing it
 
audit13
Old
#15  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 343
Posts: 2,144
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj809 View Post
Because everytime I flash a rom, everytime I'm doing a call the screen goes black and can't do anything, I flashed 3 roms (AOSP, MIUI and AOSB) y the three of them gave me the same problems. I heard that I needed to update the Bootloader but I want to be 100% sure before doing it
Did you edit the updater script in the custom ROMs to get them to install? If you didn't have to edit the scripts and the ROM installed, your bootloader supports the ROM.

Did this happen when you were on stock a ROM? I have tried Validus and Cyanfox and never has this issue. I was using the 4.1.2 bootloader with each ROM.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more