Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is Kingo not working at all?

OP Oh_wow

13th February 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,293

1,351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turmin

Thank you.

Your welcome. It did take a few tries but it went. Be sure to update supersu when you finish, Kingo is out of date a couple of versions.
13th February 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 28

448 posts
I tried 1000000 times last night and it did not work. I used Vroot and it worked great. But remember to do I factory reset to get rid of all the bad crap it loads.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY

1,351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNick

I tried 1000000 times last night and it did not work. I used Vroot and it worked great. But remember to do I factory reset to get rid of all the bad crap it loads.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

They must have just got Kingo working because I used it twice today. The second time worked on the first try. I tried it a second time after a full Oden reset just to make sure. Had some extra time today to play around.
13th February 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #14  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 48

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

They must have just got Kingo working because I used it twice today. The second time worked on the first try. I tried it a second time after a full Oden reset just to make sure. Had some extra time today to play around.

What firmware are you on? MJE?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY

1,351 posts
More
Yes, MJE.
14th February 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #16  
Atlanta

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Yes, MJE.

Worked for me too with MJE. Used USB 3.0 cable in USB 3.0 mode MTP. Prior to that failed in ODIN mode and in MTP mode without USB 3.0. But may be just random luck. Now have Supersu app.

Questions:
1. Should I use that Supersu or change. Looks like same old Supersu, but the version with yellow superman shield and red # sign.
2. Also, it asks if I want to disable Knox. Should I do that? Does that risk tripping know counter?

14th February 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY

1,351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn2burn

Worked for me too with MJE. Used USB 3.0 cable in USB 3.0 mode MTP. Prior to that failed in ODIN mode and in MTP mode without USB 3.0. But may be just random luck. Now have Supersu app.

Questions:
1. Should I use that Supersu or change. Looks like same old Supersu, but the version with yellow superman shield and red # sign.
2. Also, it asks if I want to disable Knox. Should I do that? Does that risk tripping know counter?

Keep supersu but update it to the current v1.93 either by Play Store or flashing in safestrap and yes disable Knox it will not trip the counter. Enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
Yes K works even though it says it fails. I posted my experience back on Feb 3 in another similar thread or look via my profile. In short it will say that it failed but su app shows up and use a root checker to verify. Removal of sd card and pulling and replacing the sim card before root might help. Also watch you phone for a security permission to add an app. I sat an extra five minutes before realizing it.
14th February 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #19  
Atlanta

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepunman

Yes K works even though it says it fails. I posted my experience back on Feb 3 in another similar thread In short it will say that it failed but su app shows up and use a root checker to verify.

For me it realized it succeeded.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread