Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is Kingo not working at all?

Tip us?

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turmin View Post
Thank you.
Your welcome. It did take a few tries but it went. Be sure to update supersu when you finish, Kingo is out of date a couple of versions.

NissanNick
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I tried 1000000 times last night and it did not work. I used Vroot and it worked great. But remember to do I factory reset to get rid of all the bad crap it loads.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNick View Post
I tried 1000000 times last night and it did not work. I used Vroot and it worked great. But remember to do I factory reset to get rid of all the bad crap it loads.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
They must have just got Kingo working because I used it twice today. The second time worked on the first try. I tried it a second time after a full Oden reset just to make sure. Had some extra time today to play around.

yearn2burn
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
They must have just got Kingo working because I used it twice today. The second time worked on the first try. I tried it a second time after a full Oden reset just to make sure. Had some extra time today to play around.
What firmware are you on? MJE?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 791
Yes, MJE.

yearn2burn
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
Yes, MJE.
Worked for me too with MJE. Used USB 3.0 cable in USB 3.0 mode MTP. Prior to that failed in ODIN mode and in MTP mode without USB 3.0. But may be just random luck. Now have Supersu app.

Questions:
1. Should I use that Supersu or change. Looks like same old Supersu, but the version with yellow superman shield and red # sign.
2. Also, it asks if I want to disable Knox. Should I do that? Does that risk tripping know counter?

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn2burn View Post
Worked for me too with MJE. Used USB 3.0 cable in USB 3.0 mode MTP. Prior to that failed in ODIN mode and in MTP mode without USB 3.0. But may be just random luck. Now have Supersu app.

Questions:
1. Should I use that Supersu or change. Looks like same old Supersu, but the version with yellow superman shield and red # sign.
2. Also, it asks if I want to disable Knox. Should I do that? Does that risk tripping know counter?

Keep supersu but update it to the current v1.93 either by Play Store or flashing in safestrap and yes disable Knox it will not trip the counter. Enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danthepunman
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yes K works even though it says it fails. I posted my experience back on Feb 3 in another similar thread or look via my profile. In short it will say that it failed but su app shows up and use a root checker to verify. Removal of sd card and pulling and replacing the sim card before root might help. Also watch you phone for a security permission to add an app. I sat an extra five minutes before realizing it.

yearn2burn
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepunman View Post
Yes K works even though it says it fails. I posted my experience back on Feb 3 in another similar thread In short it will say that it failed but su app shows up and use a root checker to verify.
For me it realized it succeeded.