Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 audio out not as loud as S2?

Tip us?

Corwinder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] S4 audio out not as loud as S2?

Well, I finally changed from a Galaxy S2 to an S4. I so love this phone but not sure what's with audio out. I use a 40 watt radio with audio in and hook my phone up to it. Using an equalizer in the S2 I could turn the volume on the phone most of the way up without problems. If I turned it up all the way thought he speakers in the radio would distort. But the radio sure put the volume out! Now that I have the S4 I've installed the same equalizer and set it the exact same way. I can turn the volume up all the way on the phone plus turn up the two band equalizer on the radio and it's nowhere near as loud as when I had the S2 hooked up. Both phones would warn me about having volume up to loud when using headphones but I always ignore that since it's a radio I'm hooking up to. Is it my imagination or is the S4 just not putting as much out as my S2 did?

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4240

DONATE TO ME
Viper4Android will solve ALL your sound woes. It requires root though but its TOTALLY worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Corwinder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Lol, looking at it in Google Play it doesn't look like it's in English so I think I might have trouble with it though. Rooting the phone is no big issue. I've rooted and unrooted it already.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwinder View Post
Lol, looking at it in Google Play it doesn't look like it's in English so I think I might have trouble with it though. Rooting the phone is no big issue. I've rooted and unrooted it already.
Thats not the right one. This is the right one.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...61190604,d.cWc
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Corwinder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Yeah, I found it by doing some research when I googled it. Thanks though. Rooted my phone and followed directions. Was gonna root my phone again after reading all those battery saving tips.