Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My thought so far...Performance lacking.

Tip us?

muzicman82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Default My thought so far...Performance lacking.

Hi all,

I am on a Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly Sprint Galaxy S4. I REALLY wanted to like Themer. It looks AMAZING.

However after using it for a couple days and trying different themes, it came down to one thing - performance.

It just seemed sluggish. When I press the Home button, it took up to 3-5 seconds before switching for the active program back to the Home screen. Then I was frequently seeing a "loading" message.

Secondly, the time it took from tapping an app icon and actually seeing the app was pretty delayed.

My benchmark is that my current launcher is Go Launcher Ex. It's really quick and responsive. Match the performance of that, and I'll be switching.

Abdalah tupe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation help

helpplz how to fix error ??

alldroid
Old
Thanks Meter 208
hmmm what version are you running ? running latest here on galaxy s4 and have no noticeable lag when launching an app or going back using home button.Actually running really smooth here.Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling,maybe it is rom related and not themer related.
Remember we are still in beta and there are still some problems,I have had many problems here with previous releases but still found it more adaptable thab go in my opinion.
support Prostate cancer visit www.prostatecanceruk.org/menunited and sign up NOW

So long and thanks for all the fish

UrbanLagoon
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I'm on note 2 and themer is flying. I'm also running cm11. I'm even under clocked.

alldroid
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLagoon View Post
I'm on note 2 and themer is flying. I'm also running cm11. I'm even under clocked.
thanks for clearing that up m8,not used it with cm11

have you anything else installed which may be causing the issue ? I would try a complete removal then reinstall see what happens,I assume you are running latest version of thmere
support Prostate cancer visit www.prostatecanceruk.org/menunited and sign up NOW

VirusTech
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hmm

Was really thinking to use it or not on my xperia arc s but since an S4 lacking performace mine will be blown away I guess :P

alldroid
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusTech View Post
Was really thinking to use it or not on my xperia arc s but since an S4 lacking performace mine will be blown away I guess :P
I can't speak for others but latest version so far for me is problem free,I have absolutely no lag etc at all on my S4,don't let one users problem put you off m8 give it a go first.

stickee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
Hi all,

I am on a Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly Sprint Galaxy S4. I REALLY wanted to like Themer. It looks AMAZING.

However after using it for a couple days and trying different themes, it came down to one thing - performance.

It just seemed sluggish. When I press the Home button, it took up to 3-5 seconds before switching for the active program back to the Home screen. Then I was frequently seeing a "loading" message.

Secondly, the time it took from tapping an app icon and actually seeing the app was pretty delayed.

My benchmark is that my current launcher is Go Launcher Ex. It's really quick and responsive. Match the performance of that, and I'll be switching.

it does look amazing

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusTech View Post
Hi, we are still looking into supporting the Arc S, and it should be fully supported within the next few weeks. Stay tuned
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.

VirusTech
Old
(Last edited by VirusTech; 16th February 2014 at 09:33 PM.) Reason: I have no idea how this title came up on my post.
Thanks Meter 0
Default 705 naorrqu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport View Post
Hi, we are still looking into supporting the Arc S, and it should be fully supported within the next few weeks. Stay tuned
Whoo nice.. let's see the sweets we can get