Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

[Q] Cyanogenmod Compatibility

OP mikestrong19

11th February 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
I am attempting to root my old XT907 before I give it to a friend and I am somewhat confused on which software versions Cyanogenmod works with. The Razr M I have is at system version 98.16.3 with the option to upgrade to 98.30.1. The build number is 9.8.1Q-78-1. The Cyanogenmod wiki says that Cyanogenmod can only be accomplished on firmware versions prior to 9.20.1, but there are also articles saying that the phone can not be rooted on Android 4.1.2 (which I currently have). Should I update to 98.30.1 or stay at the current version?

EDIT: I am familiar with the overall root and custom ROM process, but I only have experience with Samsungs so far (I have rooted and put CM on a Fascinate and a GS3). I have worked with Odin, adb, CWM, and TWRP, but not SafeStrap or some of the other non-Samsung utilities, so please excuse my illiteracy concerning Motorola rooting and custom ROMs.
Last edited by mikestrong19; 11th February 2014 at 04:22 AM.
11th February 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 444

1,228 posts
More
According to CM's wiki, CM is only compatible with an unlocked bootloader. So, if you haven't unlocked your bootloader, you won't be able to use it, even with SafeStrap. CM's compatibility is not based off system version, it's based off the system versions that allowed us to unlock the BL. 98.16.3 is the version that locked the bootloader. You can root on your current version and on the newest OTA, but you will only be able to use SafeStrap to load a very narrow selection of SafeStrap compatible ROMs.
11th February 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
So there is no way to unlock the bootloader on 98.16.3 or 98.30.1?
12th February 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 739

1,214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong19

So there is no way to unlock the bootloader on 98.16.3 or 98.30.1?

Correct, although with the previous post being mentioned, you can safestrap and get cm10. When I ran cm10 on my end, it had only one issue that I know of which was the camera .

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using XDA Premium HD app
12th February 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 407

1,445 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaghostgamer

Correct, although with the previous post being mentioned, you can safestrap and get cm10. When I ran cm10 on my end, it had only one issue that I know of which was the camera .

They never made a fully working CM10 that's SS compatible?
12th February 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 444

1,228 posts
More
Quote:

I think there was one, but no one can dig it up. The camera issue is caused by kernel incompatibility.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using xda app-developers app
14th February 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 520

2,553 posts
Quote:

Why do you not up load & post your ss version of cm to maybe the original thread? A cam could be found to work ? No? Btw, Mega is very good now.
14th February 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 739

1,214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

Why do you not up load & post your ss version of cm to maybe the original thread? A cam could be found to work ? No? Btw, Mega is very good now.

http://d-h.st/pja this is the one that pretty much is stable aside from camera not working.

Credits goes to Leraeniesh in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608594

The Following User Says Thank You to megaghostgamer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread