Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Replacement FAQ

Tip us?
 
baldevp
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mathura
Wink [Q] Replacement FAQ

My Z ultra went for a swap as I bricked it, will i get a new one or any repaired set and will the screen be dirty or without scratch????
 
SpyderTracks
Old
#2  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 579
Posts: 2,882
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldevp View Post
My Z ultra went for a swap as I bricked it, will i get a new one or any repaired set and will the screen be dirty or without scratch????
Impossible to know. Was it through sony service? Carrier? Insurers?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all
 
baldevp
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mathura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks View Post
Impossible to know. Was it through sony service? Carrier? Insurers?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
it was through sony service
 
SpyderTracks
Old
#4  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 579
Posts: 2,882
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldevp View Post
it was through sony service
I was just reading how it bricked. If it was mobo damaged they'll probably give you a new one. If they're able to boot it into flashtool at all then probably just reflash, but judging by your posts that won't be possible.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all
 
mathurmatt
Old
#5  
mathurmatt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 173
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldevp View Post
My Z ultra went for a swap as I bricked it, will i get a new one or any repaired set and will the screen be dirty or without scratch????
if you are in india you are in luck the service centre peoples are just like monkeys they don't know **** .......if they accepted it they will give another clean piece for sure but if your headset is older than 3 months you will get a refurbished piece other wise new one that's sony india's policy...........so just be happy ......
 
baldevp
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mathura
Default Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurmatt View Post
if you are in india you are in luck the service centre peoples are just like monkeys they don't know **** .......if they accepted it they will give another clean piece for sure but if your headset is older than 3 months you will get a refurbished piece other wise new one that's sony india's policy...........so just be happy ......
sorry didn't replied earlier but i am living a happy life witha brand new set, they replaced it in 7-8 days only with a brand new one
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more

Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more

Calc+ is a Smart and Beautiful Android Calculator

As we’ve said inthe past, there are quite a few calculators available on Android. … more