5,598,938 Members 31,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need assistance on rooting my Note 2 n7105

Tip us?
 
vinloh1972
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default [Q] Need assistance on rooting my Note 2 n7105

Hi, I have a Note n7105 running on 4.3. Wan to try rooting my set to put in custom ROM to try.

Can anyone point e in the right file to download the correct file to root my phone?

Can I install custom from 4.2 when I am in 4.3 now?

Hope to get advise soon. Thanks
 
cosmyndemeter
Old
#2  
cosmyndemeter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 908
Posts: 563
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinloh1972 View Post
Hi, I have a Note n7105 running on 4.3. Wan to try rooting my set to put in custom ROM to try.

Can anyone point e in the right file to download the correct file to root my phone?

Can I install custom from 4.2 when I am in 4.3 now?

Hope to get advise soon. Thanks
first > root is not enough to install custom rom, you need custom recovery (philz or twrp), and if you are in 4.3 official you will lost your warranty (if you have). this will trigger knox flag warranty.
second > i think you can use 4.1.2 rom. if someone have tried pls confirm
Nihil sine Deo!!!

rom in use: N7100XXUFNC2 ultimate

stock android 4.3 deodexed, rooted firmwares:
NB2 / NA1 / ML6 / ML4 / ML3 / MK9

guide: root official 4.3 firmwares without tripp knox

guide: deodex stock 4.3 firmware


 
vinloh1972
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmyndemeter View Post
first > root is not enough to install custom rom, you need custom recovery (philz or twrp), and if you are in 4.3 official you will lost your warranty (if you have). this will trigger knox flag warranty.
second > i think you can use 4.1.2 rom. if someone have tried pls confirm
Thanks. But never answer my queries completely. How can I root it successfully on 4.3?
 
cosmyndemeter
Old
#4  
cosmyndemeter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 908
Posts: 563
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinloh1972 View Post
Thanks. But never answer my queries completely. How can I root it successfully on 4.3?
there are some mods posted in this forum
check my signature for one method.
Nihil sine Deo!!!

rom in use: N7100XXUFNC2 ultimate

stock android 4.3 deodexed, rooted firmwares:
NB2 / NA1 / ML6 / ML4 / ML3 / MK9

guide: root official 4.3 firmwares without tripp knox

guide: deodex stock 4.3 firmware


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes