FORUMS

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Home button double action

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By coronanlime, Member on 8th February 2014, 08:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th February 2014, 12:23 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp4him3

I guess it is some phone but not all because I have yet to have this issue.

Are you on 4.4 or 4.2.2? The 4.2.2 has the correct behavior, 4.4 is broken.
 
 
11th February 2014, 12:52 AM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knyghtryda

Are you on 4.4 or 4.2.2? The 4.2.2 has the correct behavior, 4.4 is broken.

This. The bug is only on Kit Kat.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
11th February 2014, 02:54 AM |#13  
coronanlime's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6formula350

This. The bug is only on Kit Kat.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I had it on both

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
11th February 2014, 11:17 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
This does not happen on my Maxx running kitkat (rooted but I think that's irrelevant).

If I'm in an application and press the home button once, it goes the last home screen I was on (not the 'main' home screen). Pressing it again goes to the main screen.
11th February 2014, 10:09 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhouw1

This does not happen on my Maxx running kitkat (rooted but I think that's irrelevant).

If I'm in an application and press the home button once, it goes the last home screen I was on (not the 'main' home screen). Pressing it again goes to the main screen.

For me this started immediately after going to Kit Kat - I am rooted, I wasn't on 4.2. Annoying as hell!
12th February 2014, 12:47 PM |#16  
There is a setting for home double tap in the accessibility section all the way down at the bottom.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 02:41 PM |#17  
coronanlime's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwagner

There is a setting for home double tap in the accessibility section all the way down at the bottom.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk

Double tap is different action

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2014, 05:08 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Westchester County, NY
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
This is my biggest problem with the Kit Kat upgrade - home button goes to main home screen sometimes. Makes me want to ditch this phone for something else. Maddening.
The entire upgrade was generally a let down, from performance to battery.


Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2014, 05:52 AM |#19  
coronanlime's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Well I recently switched to Dev and home button is normal as it should be. Sticking with 4.2.2. I am going to try to send my Norman maxx in for warranty for the glitch. Should come with 4.2.2. If anyone wants to buy it let me know.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes