Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 47,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What does RQT_CLOSE mean?

Tip us?
 
mid_life_crisis
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 272
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default [Q] What does RQT_CLOSE mean?

I am at the point where my AT&T Note 2 SGH-i317 either displays the Samsung Note II screen or I can go into the Odin screen. It will not open recovery.
If I try to install CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 using Odin, I get the message from the title.
Odin appears to load the factory 4.1 rom but I end up with the same message at the end.
I had successfully restored 4.1 using Odin and then the phone auto updated to 4.3. After that, I followed the instructions for installing Jedi Master but the phone won't restart. I tried to use the same files I got 4.1 back with (this has worked twice before from 4.3) but they will no longer work. Is there anything I can do to get the phone working again?
 
kushXmaster
Old
#2  
kushXmaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,079
Posts: 2,778
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockton (cali)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
I am at the point where my AT&T Note 2 SGH-i317 either displays the Samsung Note II screen or I can go into the Odin screen. It will not open recovery.
If I try to install CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 using Odin, I get the message from the title.
Odin appears to load the factory 4.1 rom but I end up with the same message at the end.
I had successfully restored 4.1 using Odin and then the phone auto updated to 4.3. After that, I followed the instructions for installing Jedi Master but the phone won't restart. I tried to use the same files I got 4.1 back with (this has worked twice before from 4.3) but they will no longer work. Is there anything I can do to get the phone working again?
Which version of odin are you using?

Can you enter stock recovery or only download mode?

If you can get into stock recovery if it says anything about knox then you have the new bootloader, which you should if you updated to 4.3 via an ota update or an odin file. If you have this we can skip a few steps. If you don't, we will basically be starting from the beginning.

Assuming you have the newer bootloader, this is what I need you to do.

Go to teamw.in and download the latest twrp and make sure it's the recovery.img.tar.md5 flash that through odin.

In the mean time start a fresh download of jedi masterx2. When that download finishes make sure you verify the md5 sum. This is key. One digit off and the entire download is bad and you'll end up bootlooping again.

Once you have twrp and a good download of jmx2 boot into twrp. Do a system wipe and then flash the rom.

Let me know how it works. Just be patient and we can get this fixed for you. As long as you can power on you can recover your phone and make it work.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Ash359
Old
#3  
Ash359's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 687
Posts: 2,025
Join Date: Nov 2012
I use an app called hash droid to verify md5

Sent from my Jedi MasterX Note 2
 
mid_life_crisis
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 272
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushXmaster View Post
Which version of odin are you using?

Can you enter stock recovery or only download mode?

If you can get into stock recovery if it says anything about knox then you have the new bootloader, which you should if you updated to 4.3 via an ota update or an odin file. If you have this we can skip a few steps. If you don't, we will basically be starting from the beginning.

Assuming you have the newer bootloader, this is what I need you to do.

Go to teamw.in and download the latest twrp and make sure it's the recovery.img.tar.md5 flash that through odin.

In the mean time start a fresh download of jedi masterx2. When that download finishes make sure you verify the md5 sum. This is key. One digit off and the entire download is bad and you'll end up bootlooping again.

Once you have twrp and a good download of jmx2 boot into twrp. Do a system wipe and then flash the rom.

Let me know how it works. Just be patient and we can get this fixed for you. As long as you can power on you can recover your phone and make it work.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Odin shows the Knox flag, so I assume I am on 4.3.

I cannot find this file, "recovery.img.tar.md5".

The most likely looking file I found was this, but it isn't an md5, "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0lteatt.img.tar".

In fact I find no files with an "md5" extension on that site.
 
kushXmaster
Old
#5  
kushXmaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,079
Posts: 2,778
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockton (cali)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
Odin shows the Knox flag, so I assume I am on 4.3.

I cannot find this file, "recovery.img.tar.md5".

The most likely looking file I found was this, but it isn't an md5, "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0lteatt.img.tar".

In fact I find no files with an "md5" extension on that site.
I apologize. For the recovery.img it needs to be the tar extension.

Once you push that to the device you're back in business.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kushXmaster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mid_life_crisis
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 272
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushXmaster View Post
I apologize. For the recovery.img it needs to be the tar extension.

Once you push that to the device you're back in business.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I gave you a thanks because I truly appreciate the attempt to help me, but that wouldn't load either.
Fortunately the guy at the Samsung counter was able to use a Samsung loader to force 4.3 and the phone is working again.
 
Zen Arcade
Old
#7  
Zen Arcade's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,239
Posts: 1,252
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Haddonfield, IL

 
DONATE TO ME
Just curious - is your knox warranty counter back to zero in download mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kushXmaster
Old
#8  
kushXmaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,079
Posts: 2,778
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockton (cali)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
I gave you a thanks because I truly appreciate the attempt to help me, but that wouldn't load either.
Fortunately the guy at the Samsung counter was able to use a Samsung loader to force 4.3 and the phone is working again.
Hmm that us interesting. I wonder why it wouldn't load...

What version of odin do you use? I've been using 3.07 for a long time with no issues.

I'm curious about the knox counter as well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mid_life_crisis
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 272
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Just curious - is your knox warranty counter back to zero in download mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Neither counter reset. It still displays the count for custom roms and a "1" for the Knox toggle.
 
mid_life_crisis
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 272
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushXmaster View Post
Hmm that us interesting. I wonder why it wouldn't load...

What version of odin do you use? I've been using 3.07 for a long time with no issues.

I'm curious about the knox counter as well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It's 3.7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes