Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Chinese Lumia "Jailbreak"

OP th0mas96

12th February 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 300

314 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngame

I think they use Riff

i guess this shouldn't matter.
jtag is jtag
12th February 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #12  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT

Would love to see one of our local experts here on XDA to take a look over this to know if it is any good AND is it only for the 920, will it work on the 928 (claimed same phone with some upgrades to hardware)....

I was able to deploy it, but it asked for wp7 tools??

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Statement: Informations relating jailbreak is now not ready to be released. According to the POANDSOUL team, the jailbreak is still in progress now, while there are a lot of work not done yet. They have invited a small number of users and developers to their close test. And we are sorry that this stage is still not suitable for the public beta. As a news media, Silen Tech has already tried everything we can to report, but the release of a tutorial without proper jailbreak tools is surely out of the question. Therefore, please be patient until the release of jailbreak by the POANDSOUL team.
12th February 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 300

314 posts
I don't think there will ever be a software "jailbreak" for Lumias.
There might be a hardware-solution, but just unlocking with usb is way more difficult.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
13th February 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #14  
Pearland, TX
Thanks Meter: 17

123 posts
I wonder if it would be possible to replace the SoC and get unblown fuses. Apparently they can be ordered pretty cheap from china.
14th February 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmaxey

Yes, that sounds realistic. I guess they used JTAG Method.

I opened up a thread in ATF support forum here: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609...umias-1765873/
and if i may quote product-supporter X-Shadow:

So, i don't think the "JTAG-hack" can only be applied to engineering phones without that blown fuse...
There's still hope.

If they only would release their stuff, i could try the jtag hack with my lumia 920 and my atf box.
Would be fun

I believe there's a pad of a resistor near the chip that needs to either be pulled to ground during reset, or pulled high after reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to o2neouzr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread