FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[FAQ's][TUTORIAL] What must I do after update 4.3?

2,018 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,000
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th February 2014, 08:14 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 936
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levered

can you test it...
https://www.mediafire.com/?yaow278moj238bn

C5303 (12.1.A.0.266) is not supported.
 
 
12th February 2014, 01:10 PM |#22  
Levered's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 2,000
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harald

C5303 (12.1.A.0.266) is not supported.

i know that...and wait doomlord to make it....

if you UB you can root manually using kernel
12th February 2014, 01:31 PM |#23  
fsyh95's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I have found a bug and still dont know how to fix it.When I receive a notification with the stamina on,the LED will be white while when I switch it off,the LED will be green as in 4.12.Anyone know how to fix it?😊

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th February 2014, 02:21 PM |#24  
Nanostray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by headbon3

In your OP, the last query..you said that you'll lose root once you update your phone...it usually depends on the way how you updated your phone, i mean thru OTA or PCC? If thru PCC you will definitely lose root, in OTA there is a way to keep root though. Tried it on my SP and works flawlessly

How? with an app, or just let it update?
13th February 2014, 02:45 AM |#25  
headbon3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Davao Del Sur
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanostray

How? with an app, or just let it update?

Might work on firmwares with same android version...i don't know if this works on latest 4.3. Coz we came from 4.1 and this method only works if you updated your phone via OTA. With the rolling of updates, its possible only via PCC and updating thru this method will definitely lose root access.

Yes, you can back-up root to temporarily un-root your phone when updating wiith Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. Then restore root after your phone has booted to the new FW installed.
13th February 2014, 02:36 PM |#26  
Nanostray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by headbon3

Might work on firmwares with same android version...i don't know if this works on latest 4.3. Coz we came from 4.1 and this method only works if you updated your phone via OTA. With the rolling of updates, its possible only via PCC and updating thru this method will definitely lose root access.

Yes, you can back-up root to temporarily un-root your phone when updating wiith Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. Then restore root after your phone has booted to the new FW installed.

I thought voodoo rootkeeper didn't support 4.3 ... And won't work at all with a PCC update because it reinstalls the whole /system
14th February 2014, 12:11 AM |#27  
headbon3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Davao Del Sur
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanostray

I thought voodoo rootkeeper didn't support 4.3 ... And won't work at all with a PCC update because it reinstalls the whole /system

I know broThat is why its called Voodoo "OTA" or Over-The-Air Rootkeeper coz it works ONLY that way

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 4
14th February 2014, 06:57 AM |#28  
Nanostray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Then why say we can keep root that way (;

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 08:34 AM |#29  
headbon3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Davao Del Sur
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanostray

Then why say we can keep root that way (;

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk

Just focus on the word OTA bro..no more arguments

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes