Ask a question

No registration required

[Q][GSM] restore radio in droid 4

OP teto.1991

3rd February 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi I have a droid 4. I bought it in the USA and used it only in Italy. It was rooted and unlocked and it has always been working fine over GSM and 3G. Then I decided to install CM 10.2.1 and then i upgraded it to CM 11. In both cases sending sms was not working (calls and internet fine). Trying to fix it I went also in the *#*#4636#*#* testing menu and changed setting of radio. But now I cannot restore it and I always get no signal. Both with CM but also booting from Stock ROM.
I flashed many times but still nothing. As first I'd like to have singal back to call and use the net (3G). then I'll fix sms.
Can I do a sort of radio otpion reset? or firmware reset?

Plese help! Thank you!

IF there is some better section (or forum) just tell, I guess it can be a common issue and not specific for D4.
7th February 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 137

216 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teto.1991

Hi I have a droid 4. I bought it in the USA and used it only in Italy. It was rooted and unlocked and it has always been working fine over GSM and 3G. Then I decided to install CM 10.2.1 and then i upgraded it to CM 11. In both cases sending sms was not working (calls and internet fine). Trying to fix it I went also in the *#*#4636#*#* testing menu and changed setting of radio. But now I cannot restore it and I always get no signal. Both with CM but also booting from Stock ROM.
I flashed many times but still nothing. As first I'd like to have singal back to call and use the net (3G). then I'll fix sms.
Can I do a sort of radio otpion reset? or firmware reset?

Plese help! Thank you!

IF there is some better section (or forum) just tell, I guess it can be a common issue and not specific for D4.

fastboot radio radio.img

I did it too
radio.img is found on the fastboot archive, no data will be lost. enter in fastboot by pressing vol up + down and power

Regards
14th February 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
To make your SMS work, you need to change a setting in build.prop relating to it, none of the radio settings will make it work since that isn't the problem.

ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc=1 must be changed to ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc=0

or install mentor's gsm patch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread