XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped

Tip us?

wmfreak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped

After flashing the 4.4.2 firmware to my Note 3, I get the following error message once the device turns on: "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped". I can just click ok and the message goes away but it shouldn't be appearing in the first place so does anyone know how to make it go away? An the phone works fine.

Yes I did a clean install, tried clearing the data and cache from app manager and any of the obvious ideas.

Anybody else having this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated!

w
MY DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005)

sweatingmytittsoff
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmfreak View Post
After flashing the 4.4.2 firmware to my Note 3, I get the following error message once the device turns on: "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped". I can just click ok and the message goes away but it shouldn't be appearing in the first place so does anyone know how to make it go away? An the phone works fine.

Yes I did a clean install, tried clearing the data and cache from app manager and any of the obvious ideas.

Anybody else having this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated!

w
try doing a factory reset, if this does not work then try flashing a different 4.4.2 or re-downloading the one you flashed and trying again.

wmfreak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatingmytittsoff View Post
try doing a factory reset, if this does not work then try flashing a different 4.4.2 or re-downloading the one you flashed and trying again.
thanks but I've already done all those

sweatingmytittsoff
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
thanks but I've already done all those
you have already downloaded and installed a different version of 4.4.2????
if you are getting the problem on multiple roms then you must be doing something wrong during the flashing process.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1186

DONATE TO ME
Clear your cache from recovery rather than Application Manager.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

wmfreak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Clear your cache from recovery rather than Application Manager.
Done that too

W

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Done that too

W
Hmm, Tried a reflash? -- if no good, reflash with a full wipe that usually solves 99% of issues. Only thing I can think of
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

uvaman
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I had that problem too and it almost made me to hit my note 3 into the wall. From the first day I turned him...

My fix solution was Settings>Application Manager> Menu > Reset app preference>Reboot. Do it again if its going to be the sam outcome. I found tjat when you are force stopping aps, or closing you are going to end with those messages....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

wmfreak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvaman View Post
I had that problem too and it almost made me to hit my note 3 into the wall. From the first day I turned him...

My fix solution was Settings>Application Manager> Menu > Reset app preference>Reboot. Do it again if its going to be the sam outcome. I found tjat when you are force stopping aps, or closing you are going to end with those messages....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
just tried that too, rebooted, same result

W

mehdi.moha
Old
Thanks Meter 184
my friend
don't try to reset , wipe any thing .
i have same problem and posted before : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620340
i asked from all kings of developing , but no one could help me .

i searched on google and found out that problem maybe cause of our sim-card . maybe changing sim card your problem will be solved.

i'm almost confident that is cause of baseband " NA6" and we should wait for 4.4.2 for our region with different baseband .

be aware , this problem is with u even when try any custom rom , cause all af the are using NA5 and NA6 .

just crossing your finger and wait for new and diffrent baseban version my friend .
========================================

SONY Wake-up Please ,Use you Experience ... Time to ENTER The XPERIA PLAY 2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mehdi.moha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]