Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] Update to 4.3 with BL unlocked?

OP PeterGeorgiou

13th February 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Larnaca
Thanks Meter: 33

141 posts
More
Hi guys, i just flashed the original firmware on my xperia T because im hoping the update will come by next week. I have also relocked my bootloader. However i was wondering if there was a way to receive the update even if my bootloader was unlocked and on a custom rom..?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
13th February 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lombardy
Thanks Meter: 244

1,146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGeorgiou

Hi guys, i just flashed the original firmware on my xperia T because im hoping the update will come by next week. I have also relocked my bootloader. However i was wondering if there was a way to receive the update even if my bootloader was unlocked and on a custom rom..?

If you are on a custom rom, i dont think you will receive the update
13th February 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 439

614 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGeorgiou

If you have the original firmware AND the bootloader locked, you will get the update directly from Sony.

If you have a custom rom OR just the bootloader unlocked, you will be able to update only with the Flashtool and a FTF file.
13th February 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Larnaca
Thanks Meter: 33

141 posts
More
okay thank you very much mate
13th February 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Rausu
Thanks Meter: 338

721 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by istux

If you have a custom rom OR just the bootloader unlocked, you will be able to update only with the Flashtool and a FTF file.

Correction: you can still receive an OTA update if you're on stock firmware and your phone's bootloader is unlocked, but installing the OTA update will in most cases brick your device (again, that's if the bootloader is unlocked).
13th February 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 439

614 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno

Correction: you can still receive an OTA update if you're on stock firmware and your phone's bootloader is unlocked, but installing the OTA update will in most cases brick your device (again, that's if the bootloader is unlocked).

Thanks for the explanation but in the second sentence I wrote "able to update" and not "able to receive the update from Sony".
There's a slight difference of meaning, so my statement was right.
And yours is a clarification, not a correction
14th February 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #7  
Flag Amersfoort
Thanks Meter: 13

177 posts
Also when your phone is branded, you have to wait a bit longer until your provider will provide you with their 4.3 version? Does anybody knows how I can see whether my phone is branded? If I look in the Service Info settings it says :1262-6309_9.1.a.1.141 Generic User at Phone Software Version and GLOBAL-HSPA_9.1.a.1.141 at File System version. At Customization Version: 1266-0471_R71.

Anybody?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread