FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

[Q] Need help. BootAnimation.

Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Archon453, Junior Member on 12th February 2014, 10:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Alright, so I'm pretty new to all of this. I've read the threads here for probably 2 years, and finally decided to join because I rooted my phone. It's rather old to be honest my phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy Gio. Gt-S5660M (Canadian) (M). Well anyways due to it being a Samsung phone, and my phone having stock kernel. I believe that's how it is. Plus it having the stock rom, but bing rooted, the files for startup animations are called - "samsungboot.qmg" , They all have that suffix of .qmg . So its made trying to understand how to implant a new boot animation rather difficult. Should I root my phone to a different version in hopes that it changes the system files and no longer requires a qmg. File but rather can utilize a bootanimation.zip file instead? I could be completely off, mainly the reason I am assuming this is becausemost pre-made animations are built in a .zip format. Well any help would be much appreciated, I'd like to learn as much as possible about what is possible and can be achieved. Or how to change that animation would suffice. . Currently running GB 2.3.4 rooted. If any specs are needed I'd be glad to share. Even images of the system folders if it helps anyone in aiding me.
 
 
13th February 2014, 01:40 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Try searching for forum thread number 2189934 (sorry, can't post links yet).
13th February 2014, 07:15 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyann

Try searching for forum thread number 2189934 (sorry, can't post links yet).

Alright, thanks I'll take a look into it and hopefully it will help.
13th February 2014, 09:03 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Check this link shows method for rooted and non rooted phones.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580642
Edit: Sorry didn't notice it was for asus transformer prime,still check out if it could work for you.
Last edited by nbafan; 13th February 2014 at 09:30 PM.
14th February 2014, 07:29 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbafan

Check this link shows method for rooted and non rooted phones.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580642
Edit: Sorry didn't notice it was for asus transformer prime,still check out if it could work for you.

Being a samsung, my bootanimations are actually in a qmg format. I've looked into using bootanimation4u, but the rom won't flash. Which is pissing me off to be honest, supposively it's supposed to enable your phone to being able to use just regular bootanimation.zip files. I hate samsung for doing what they did, I seriosuly can't figure out why it won't flash either, it says that it's going to, no issues, then error. -.- any ideas?
14th February 2014, 10:30 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon453

Being a samsung, my bootanimations are actually in a qmg format. I've looked into using bootanimation4u, but the rom won't flash. Which is pissing me off to be honest, supposively it's supposed to enable your phone to being able to use just regular bootanimation.zip files. I hate samsung for doing what they did, I seriosuly can't figure out why it won't flash either, it says that it's going to, no issues, then error. -.- any ideas?

Here I found this, but it requires your phone being rooted and yes its for your phone,post here if it worked for you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2034933
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes