Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problem in Facebook videos

Tip us?

elemary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default problem in Facebook videos

Hi all
I have a problem with Facebook videos
As when I attend playing them the video player doesn't work and a strange player do the job
I want all videos of Facebook to open on default video player
Sometimes videos play automatically even after closing the window
Pics attached

elemary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Any help please

Droiderr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
sorry i couldn't understand anyhtings from the pics you have posted. I understand that you want all your videos in one player automatically.

Give mx video player a try. Its better than than the default in may ways. While opening the video you will get an options saying "just once/always". Select always and then choose mx player. See if it fixes your issue.

elemary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droiderr View Post
sorry i couldn't understand anyhtings from the pics you have posted. I understand that you want all your videos in one player automatically.

Give mx video player a try. Its better than than the default in may ways. While opening the video you will get an options saying "just once/always". Select always and then choose mx player. See if it fixes your issue.
Thanks for your concern
I mean .. I already have mx player installed
But when playing videos on Facebook app I don't have any choices for video players ... videos play automatically with out my selection
I mean I cant choose which app would play the video ,even after clearing defaults .. and after reinstall the apps everything still the same
And the photos in op post for the app which usually plays the videos .. its like you know flash player plays all videos

Do you have any solution
Thanks alot

Droiderr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemary View Post
Thanks for your concern
I mean .. I already have mx player installed
But when playing videos on Facebook app I don't have any choices for video players ... videos play automatically with out my selection
I mean I cant choose which app would play the video ,even after clearing defaults .. and after reinstall the apps everything still the same
And the photos in op post for the app which usually plays the videos .. its like you know flash player plays all videos

Do you have any solution
Thanks alot
go to app manager in setting and clear defaults for all the video players installed. See if it works..
The Following User Says Thank You to Droiderr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hagba
Old
Thanks Meter 150
The Facebook application now supports video playback in the timeline,so it has its own Facebook player and will not use other,however the videos in the Newsfeed can still use third pary players.
IPhone 2G,immaculate, sleeping in the box,bought Dec.2007.
HD2
IPhone 4, went to the wife.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Galaxy Note II Titanium Grey.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hagba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Evil_enc
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagba View Post
The Facebook application now supports video playback in the timeline,so it has its own Facebook player and will not use other,however the videos in the Newsfeed can still use third pary players.
How can i still use third party players? Facebook always uses its own player now

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

max621
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_enc View Post
How can i still use third party players? Facebook always uses its own player now

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Just like I did....
Downgrade the Facebook and u would be fine....
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2
SAMSUNG GALAXY SII
HTC SENSATION
HTC TYTN II

Kiloy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default thanks!

thanks!