Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Cannot get past droid with red triangle

OP sipherz

14th February 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hi

My Nexus 7 recently ran out of battery and as per usual, died.

When i plugged it into the charger, I thought it would charge and be ready to use again.

After several hours, nothing happened. No display saying it was charging, nada.

I then went to power it up into recovery mode, by holding down power button and volume down.

This then seemed to 'reboot' the system and I now see a droid with a red triangle and the words 'No command'

Having a look around online, people have suggested holding down power button and volume up.

Whenever I do this, the screen goes blank, the Google logo appears then the same droid with a red triangle appears.

I cannot seem to get past this step.

Has anyone come across this before and if so, how I do I get past this and actually use my Nexus?

Thanks
14th February 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipherz

Hi

My Nexus 7 recently ran out of battery and as per usual, died.

When i plugged it into the charger, I thought it would charge and be ready to use again.

After several hours, nothing happened. No display saying it was charging, nada.

I then went to power it up into recovery mode, by holding down power button and volume down.

This then seemed to 'reboot' the system and I now see a droid with a red triangle and the words 'No command'

Having a look around online, people have suggested holding down power button and volume up.

Whenever I do this, the screen goes blank, the Google logo appears then the same droid with a red triangle appears.

I cannot seem to get past this step.

Has anyone come across this before and if so, how I do I get past this and actually use my Nexus?

Thanks

It's a little tricky actually. You shouldn't have to hold the power + vol up buttons for very long. The most important thing is that you have to make sure you push them at the EXACT same time. I kind of figured this one out on my own when I was having issues flashing a custom recovery.
14th February 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

It's a little tricky actually. You shouldn't have to hold the power + vol up buttons for very long. The most important thing is that you have to make sure you push them at the EXACT same time. I kind of figured this one out on my own when I was having issues flashing a custom recovery.

When I press them at the same time, the only thing that happens is the screen goes slightly darker (i.e the icon becomes less visible)

I've pressed the buttons together so many times and nothing happens.

I tried to get back into recovery mode using a bootloader from androidrootz.com. I managed to get back to the step where i can select 'Start, Recovery Mode, Power Off' etc I ran 'Recovery Mode', which then rebooted and I go the same icon. I can't seem to run the program again though, so I'm still stuck with the lying down droid
14th February 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipherz

When I press them at the same time, the only thing that happens is the screen goes slightly darker (i.e the icon becomes less visible)

I've pressed the buttons together so many times and nothing happens.

I tried to get back into recovery mode using a bootloader from androidrootz.com. I managed to get back to the step where i can select 'Start, Recovery Mode, Power Off' etc I ran 'Recovery Mode', which then rebooted and I go the same icon. I can't seem to run the program again though, so I'm still stuck with the lying down droid

Were you completely stock when this all happened? What bootloader from androidrootz.com? If you can flash a bootloader, why not flash the factory image?
14th February 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #5  
ritchea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag okeechobee
Thanks Meter: 76
 
429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Sorry, charesa39. Just as you'd posted (I'd posted same ). I'll just add it can be tricky. Maybe try power first then continue holding while hitting vol +. You do this when you're at the fallen Andy screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Last edited by ritchea; 14th February 2014 at 11:21 PM.
14th February 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #6  
Blizzard300's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I also had some problems to access recovery. Finally it worked after many tries. So far i remember you have to press the buttons not too short and not too long ;D... perhaps 3-4 seconds. Then Release one of the buttons and the second one half a second later. I don't remember which button i released first, but there are only to possibilities. Hope this helps... in my case the recovery appeared.
Last edited by Blizzard300; 14th February 2014 at 11:58 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes