5,600,429 Members 32,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review of Panzer Glass (Tempered Glass screen protector) for LG G2

Tip us?

vPro97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Screen protector Condition is the very same as the moment I applied it. It has no scratches yet, despite the fact that I've not been very careful with my placement of the phone and I often put it on the table face down. I have no major issues with dust accumulating around the corners of the screen, but I do occasionally wipe the phone. The oleophobic coating does its job quite well but it doesn't mean you get rid of fingerprints completely. If you have very greasy fingers, it will not work as good.

I have only tried a few screen protectors but all I can say is that this one is most definitely the best I've tried. And it hasn't peeled off at the corners

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please hit the "Thanks" button if you found my post useful !

Optimise the battery life of your LG G2 without root!

Ryoma1337
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Do you think you can take a picture of it with the screen on? I want to see how much past the actual lit screen it covers.

vPro97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoma1337 View Post
Do you think you can take a picture of it with the screen on? I want to see how much past the actual lit screen it covers.
I really don't have access to any another camera other than the one I have on my G2 :/

However, I can tell that It doesn't cover much past the actual lit screen, probably 1 mm more.

mynameisthehulk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks for this, just need to see what price I can get it for! Do you mind stating how much you paid? Thanks also for the "hinge method" such a simple idea, why didn't I think of that!

vPro97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisthehulk View Post
Thanks for this, just need to see what price I can get it for! Do you mind stating how much you paid? Thanks also for the "hinge method" such a simple idea, why didn't I think of that!
I got it for what translates to 37 dollars which is a pretty high price, but it's also a premium quality that comes with the price! And in the end, if it really turns out to save the screen from cracks, It could save you the price of a new digitizer.

P.S. Hitting the thanks button is appreciated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mynameisthehulk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97 View Post
I got it for what translates to 37 dollars which is a pretty high price, but it's also a premium quality that comes with the price! And in the end, if it really turns out to save the screen from cracks, It could save you the price of a new digitizer.

P.S. Hitting the thanks button is appreciated
No worries, I just paid 23 (GBP) for one, so that seems to be pretty much the standard price. There was only one left on stock and I was pretty keen to get it ordered so I just went for it as I could not find any other UK stock.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to mynameisthehulk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vPro97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisthehulk View Post
No worries, I just paid 23 (GBP) for one, so that seems to be pretty much the standard price. There was only one left on stock and I was pretty keen to get it ordered so I just went for it as I could not find any other UK stock.

Cheers
That is about the same as I paid. I'm sure you will enjoy it, but be very careful when putting it on, bro. It's best if you can find a place free of dust and lint and try to fit it perfectly the first time so you don't have to realign it, because putting your nail under it in order to realign it may damage the sticky side so much that it won't adhere where you nail has been. I've tried it.

Make sure you have plenty of time

The Following User Says Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mynameisthehulk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97 View Post
That is about the same as I paid. I'm sure you will enjoy it, but be very careful when putting it on, bro. It's best if you can find a place free of dust and lint and try to fit it perfectly the first time so you don't have to realign it, because putting your nail under it in order to realign it may damage the sticky side so much that it won't adhere where you nail has been. I've tried it.

Make sure you have plenty of time
I have got the Spigen Glas.t on my HTC One and I managed to apply it without bubbles and dust using a kind of "drop it on and pray" method and that worked out ok. With the hinge method now being revealed I should be fine. I'll just have to make sure I don't put it on with a hangover!
The Following User Says Thank You to mynameisthehulk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nizmoboy98
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Lol drop it on and pray I like that method ... I have iloomie and I guess I didn't pray hard enough had 1 spec of dust in the middle of the screen lol 😥

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Ryoma1337
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just turn on the shower to hot and wait a few minutes for it to steam up. Then do it in the bathroom with the door closed.