Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck on splash screen and cant get into recovery, any suggestions?

Tip us?

Halcyon7
Old
(Last edited by Halcyon7; 13th February 2014 at 05:40 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck on splash screen and cant get into recovery, any suggestions?

So I flashed [4.4.2] Sense 5.5 | KitKat | 4.19.401.8 rom and now my phone is stuck on the HTC screen and I cant get into recovery or bootloader by holding the power down button, any suggestions? I cant restart the phone by holding the button down.

rapidswing
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same issue after flashing that ROM. I can boot to the bootloader but when I try to get into recovery, TWRP will flash on the screen for a second and then reboot to the white DNA loading screen. It never gets past that.

I've flashed a couple of different recoveries and that didn't change anything. I also flashed the 1.54.0000 hboot and that didn't make a difference either.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I managed to get my phone back to a working state. I followed the directions in:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=1

So at least I'm back to a functioning stock ROM and I can go from there.

Halcyon7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidswing View Post
I'm having the same issue after flashing that ROM. I can boot to the bootloader but when I try to get into recovery, TWRP will flash on the screen for a second and then reboot to the white DNA loading screen. It never gets past that.

I've flashed a couple of different recoveries and that didn't change anything. I also flashed the 1.54.0000 hboot and that didn't make a difference either.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I managed to get my phone back to a working state. I followed the directions in:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=1

So at least I'm back to a functioning stock ROM and I can go from there.
How did you get it to boot? My phone is stuck on the HTC screen and I cant reboot it at all.

rapidswing
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, I missed the part where you couldn't get into the bootloader. The bootloader was still working for me, so I was able to use fastboot.

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1471

DONATE TO ME
So holding down the power button until the device shuts off then holding down power+vol down won't let you into the bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Halcyon7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
So holding down the power button until the device shuts off then holding down power+vol down won't let you into the bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
After holding the power button down for nearly 10 minutes it rebooted into bootloader but I cant get into recovery, It flashes the screen and yet I cant do anything. I flashed twrp and clockword betas but it just flashes and reboots

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Get into the bootloader connect to fastboot and open a command prompt and type fastboot erase cache and then see if you can boot into recovery. That usually helps or that's what I did when I was faced with a similar issue.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Halcyon7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post
Get into the bootloader connect to fastboot and open a command prompt and type fastboot erase cache and then see if you can boot into recovery. That usually helps or that's what I did when I was faced with a similar issue.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It worked Thank you for your help!