Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Stuck on splash screen and cant get into recovery, any suggestions?

OP Halcyon7

13th February 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
So I flashed [4.4.2] Sense 5.5 | KitKat | 4.19.401.8 rom and now my phone is stuck on the HTC screen and I cant get into recovery or bootloader by holding the power down button, any suggestions? I cant restart the phone by holding the button down.
Last edited by Halcyon7; 13th February 2014 at 06:40 PM.
13th February 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
I'm having the same issue after flashing that ROM. I can boot to the bootloader but when I try to get into recovery, TWRP will flash on the screen for a second and then reboot to the white DNA loading screen. It never gets past that.

I've flashed a couple of different recoveries and that didn't change anything. I also flashed the 1.54.0000 hboot and that didn't make a difference either.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I managed to get my phone back to a working state. I followed the directions in:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=1

So at least I'm back to a functioning stock ROM and I can go from there.
13th February 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidswing

I'm having the same issue after flashing that ROM. I can boot to the bootloader but when I try to get into recovery, TWRP will flash on the screen for a second and then reboot to the white DNA loading screen. It never gets past that.

I've flashed a couple of different recoveries and that didn't change anything. I also flashed the 1.54.0000 hboot and that didn't make a difference either.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I managed to get my phone back to a working state. I followed the directions in:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=1

So at least I'm back to a functioning stock ROM and I can go from there.

How did you get it to boot? My phone is stuck on the HTC screen and I cant reboot it at all.
13th February 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Sorry, I missed the part where you couldn't get into the bootloader. The bootloader was still working for me, so I was able to use fastboot.
14th February 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #5  
.torrented's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,478
 
2,789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
So holding down the power button until the device shuts off then holding down power+vol down won't let you into the bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

So holding down the power button until the device shuts off then holding down power+vol down won't let you into the bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

After holding the power button down for nearly 10 minutes it rebooted into bootloader but I cant get into recovery, It flashes the screen and yet I cant do anything. I flashed twrp and clockword betas but it just flashes and reboots
14th February 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #7  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155
 
1,097 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Get into the bootloader connect to fastboot and open a command prompt and type fastboot erase cache and then see if you can boot into recovery. That usually helps or that's what I did when I was faced with a similar issue.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th February 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345

Get into the bootloader connect to fastboot and open a command prompt and type fastboot erase cache and then see if you can boot into recovery. That usually helps or that's what I did when I was faced with a similar issue.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It worked Thank you for your help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes