Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] shows rooted in download mode

Tip us?

dirt_squirrel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] shows rooted in download mode

my phone still show as "rooted"in download mode after i flashed back to stock, following all the instructions to the letter.

i tried it and thought i did it correctly, but all it did was uninstall root and my root applications and brought me back to the same settings i had before with the exception of my root apps.
kept all my other apps and stuff. even after doing a hard reset it still shows "rooted"

did i do something wrong?

T_money_third
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this happened to me aswell but i flashed back 2 stock again . the second time i flashed back i did a hard reset the moment the computer was done and the phone was booting i held the power 4 about 10 seconds then hard reseted . That fixed it 4 me good luck ok

dirt_squirrel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default KICK A$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_money_third View Post
this happened to me aswell but i flashed back 2 stock again . the second time i flashed back i did a hard reset the moment the computer was done and the phone was booting i held the power 4 about 10 seconds then hard reseted . That fixed it 4 me good luck ok
dude, thanks a million.
reflashed back to stock 3 times and on the 3rd attempt it finally says "unrooted"
now i can bring my phone in for an exchange!

you sir, are the man...
The Following User Says Thank You to dirt_squirrel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]