FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Awesome news for T-Mobile!

14th February 2014, 05:35 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Undisclosed
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
A little bird told me starting on the 28th JUMP will no longer have a 6 month (180 day) waiting period to upgrade! You will also be able to upgrade an UN-Limited number of times per year!


Also, the international calling plan will change for the better, allowing better rates for calling to cell phones. I'll update this when I learn more.
Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by ihidbehindmusic; 14th February 2014 at 05:40 PM.
 
 
14th February 2014, 05:36 PM |#2  
Erazo1986's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Altamonte springs, FL
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Wow...talk about never ending EIP balance.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erazo1986 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 05:38 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Undisclosed
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Trust me, I'm aware. But hey, to each their own!
Last edited by ihidbehindmusic; 14th February 2014 at 05:42 PM.
14th February 2014, 05:49 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,328
 
Donate to Me
More
The catch is you have to have paid 50% of your eip balance. It's actually worse than every 6 months. People already signed up for jump are granfathered in unless they stop and restart JUMP.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to effortless For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 06:41 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Undisclosed
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless

The catch is you have to have paid 50% of your eip balance. It's actually worse than every 6 months. People already signed up for jump are granfathered in unless they stop and restart JUMP.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You are almost right, T-Mobile will only pay off half of the EIP balance. So you are right, but just a little off.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th February 2014, 07:06 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihidbehindmusic

A little bird told me starting on the 28th JUMP will no longer have a 6 month (180 day) waiting period to upgrade! You will also be able to upgrade an UN-Limited number of times per year!


Also, the international calling plan will change for the better, allowing better rates for calling to cell phones. I'll update this when I learn more.
Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would say the first part about the Jump program is true but not the 2nd. It would be a bad business model and money loser for T-Mobile to allow any and everyone to upgrade unlimited times a year. The only way I could see this happen is if they reward their customers who have been here through all the BS like me, Ive been with T-Mobile since 2003, but I doubt it.
14th February 2014, 07:12 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Undisclosed
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Well you can keep your grandfathered features, but customers always have unrealistic expectations. Not saying that yours are. And I would read post #6 in this thread, it kinda helps explain how the changes work. I honestly prefer the original JUMP plan.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ihidbehindmusic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 08:41 PM |#8  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 1,923
 
More
The terms have not been finalized as per TMOBILE. What was posted/leaked was a rough draft. Noting is set in stone yet



TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
14th February 2014, 09:02 PM |#9  
hasbrobot's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
Appears that the initial jump program might be better.

posted while using my note 3
14th February 2014, 09:35 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Undisclosed
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

The terms have not been finalized as per TMOBILE. What was posted/leaked was a rough draft. Noting is set in stone yet



TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

This is per management at T-Mobile. This will be happening, you will be able to keep your old JUMP plan if you wish, however.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes