5,604,507 Members 45,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Awesome news for T-Mobile!

Tip us?

ihidbehindmusic
Old
(Last edited by ihidbehindmusic; 14th February 2014 at 05:40 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Awesome news for T-Mobile!

A little bird told me starting on the 28th JUMP will no longer have a 6 month (180 day) waiting period to upgrade! You will also be able to upgrade an UN-Limited number of times per year!

Also, the international calling plan will change for the better, allowing better rates for calling to cell phones. I'll update this when I learn more.
Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and Nexus 5
PREVIOUS SMART PHONES: Nexus 4, Blackberry Q10, Samsung Galaxy S3, Droid Charge 4g, MyTouch 4g, MyTouch 3g Slide, and MyTouch 3g.
TABLET: HP TouchPad - CM9 Nightly (Retired)
COMPUTER: Custom Built - i7 2700k, , 8GB DDR3 Vengeance, 2.5TB in HDs, Radeon R7770 Ultra OC, CM Storm Case.

Erazo1986
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Wow...talk about never ending EIP balance.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erazo1986 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ihidbehindmusic
Old
(Last edited by ihidbehindmusic; 14th February 2014 at 05:42 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Trust me, I'm aware. But hey, to each their own!
PREVIOUS SMART PHONES: Nexus 4, Blackberry Q10, Samsung Galaxy S3, Droid Charge 4g, MyTouch 4g, MyTouch 3g Slide, and MyTouch 3g.
COMPUTER: Custom Built - i7 2700k, , 8GB DDR3 Vengeance, 2.5TB in HDs, Radeon R7770 Ultra OC, CM Storm Case.

effortless
Old
Thanks Meter 51
The catch is you have to have paid 50% of your eip balance. It's actually worse than every 6 months. People already signed up for jump are granfathered in unless they stop and restart JUMP.

The Following User Says Thank You to effortless For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ihidbehindmusic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless View Post
The catch is you have to have paid 50% of your eip balance. It's actually worse than every 6 months. People already signed up for jump are granfathered in unless they stop and restart JUMP.

You are almost right, T-Mobile will only pay off half of the EIP balance. So you are right, but just a little off.

IRIE4IPIER
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihidbehindmusic View Post
A little bird told me starting on the 28th JUMP will no longer have a 6 month (180 day) waiting period to upgrade! You will also be able to upgrade an UN-Limited number of times per year!

Also, the international calling plan will change for the better, allowing better rates for calling to cell phones. I'll update this when I learn more.
I would say the first part about the Jump program is true but not the 2nd. It would be a bad business model and money loser for T-Mobile to allow any and everyone to upgrade unlimited times a year. The only way I could see this happen is if they reward their customers who have been here through all the BS like me, Ive been with T-Mobile since 2003, but I doubt it.
<---home

<---T-mobile - White Galaxy S2

ihidbehindmusic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Well you can keep your grandfathered features, but customers always have unrealistic expectations. Not saying that yours are. And I would read post #6 in this thread, it kinda helps explain how the changes work. I honestly prefer the original JUMP plan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ihidbehindmusic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 640
The terms have not been finalized as per TMOBILE. What was posted/leaked was a rough draft. Noting is set in stone yet

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
NOTE 3 TWEAKED

hasbrobot
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Appears that the initial jump program might be better.

posted while using my note 3

ihidbehindmusic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
The terms have not been finalized as per TMOBILE. What was posted/leaked was a rough draft. Noting is set in stone yet

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
This is per management at T-Mobile. This will be happening, you will be able to keep your old JUMP plan if you wish, however.