Damaged USB port

OP XxPixX

12th February 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 511

655 posts
More
Hi, so it looks like my USB port is damaged. I had my phone recharging on the table (plugged in) and when I stood up to leave the table, my leg caught on the cable and the phone dropped onto the floor. Now when I try to charge it then with one cable it doesn't charge at all and with another cable it only charges when the cable is at a specific angle. I've tried cleaning it with a needle and it didn't do anything.

I have to hand in my phone to be repaired anyway because something is wrong with my 3g (when I have the "3g" icon in my status bar then the internet doesn't work) and I am hoping that they may also fix this damaged USB port.

Will they accept a broken USB port if I have a slight dent/crack in the bottom right corner
Will they accept to fix the 3g problem with the dent/crack?
If they do take the phone in under guarantee then can they later charge me for the repairs IF they do think it was my fault? Or will they first tell me before they start fixing it?
I bought my phone from a carrier, do I have to have the carrier software or can it be my countries software?
13th February 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Springfield, Mo
Thanks Meter: 175

1,450 posts
More
If you can turn a screwdriver, you can fix it yourself in about 15 minutes. Several threads on here about the usb port replacement.
The only thing is to make sure you get the EXACT one for your model type. There are several versions of the Note1, and if you get
the wrong one (I did a couple times), it can wreck havoc with your signal level. Part can be found for less than 10 dollars (US)
on several sites, but, make sure you get the EXACT one that is in your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to p51d007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 511

655 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51d007

If you can turn a screwdriver, you can fix it yourself in about 15 minutes. Several threads on here about the usb port replacement.
The only thing is to make sure you get the EXACT one for your model type. There are several versions of the Note1, and if you get
the wrong one (I did a couple times), it can wreck havoc with your signal level. Part can be found for less than 10 dollars (US)
on several sites, but, make sure you get the EXACT one that is in your device.

How can I tell which one I need?
14th February 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag Springfield, Mo
Thanks Meter: 175

1,450 posts
More
Check this thread>>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1948930

I got one from parts4repair.
You just have to ensure the one you order, it exactly the one for your country, carrier, & type of device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread