Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 40,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] All ROMs For T679

Tip us?

schumia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Incremental deterioration of T679 Speed after ROM installation

Hi all,

Thanks for setting up this form for Q&A for ROM installation, I've tried to post generic questions but not sure where.

I've also owned T679 over 2 years and have experimented with various ROMS like the [ROM][JB][4.1.2]Slimbean 3.1.0 Unofficial Galaxy Exhibit 4G or
most recently [ROM 4.2] AOIP Team Insomnia 8/3/13 [Linaro 4.7], but after each install, the phone would just be very slow... this is after I install some apps and i suppose that probably used up some onboard memory... (but who doesn't install Apps after these new ROMs ?)

For those of you who're on the new Android ROMs (I find it hard to believe people can run this phone with 4.4 !!), what is it that you do to speed up your phone so it doesn't take 10 secs to open a webpage? Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help !!

Dvarl
Old
(Last edited by Dvarl; 14th February 2014 at 06:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
4.4 has memory improvements that has been added to the code. This was done by Google so Kit Kat would run more efficiently on low memory devices. I use slight over clock settings at 1.2, kernel same page merging, allow purging, interactivex, and sio. Phone runs super smooth. But I don't load my phone with many apps.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app