Originally Posted by hbaer
HI, This is my first android so bear with me!! I purchased a galaxy s4 active last October. Since then I dropped it and it has a small crack in the glass in the corner so Samsung wont help me. My phone worked fine after the drop and later took the update, however, aftyer some time I connected it to the computer and an ap i had on my computer ( I think it was part of an antivirus app) said my device needed a new driver and asked to install it at which I said ok. Whatever happened my phone doesnt work. I can start it up but I only get a message that says: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. I have done this time and time again to no avail. Kies says it doesnt recognize my device firmware. I have the update software on my pc and odin and I've tried to reinstall it on the phone with this notice on and in download mode. Either way it fails. Please help if you can, I'm stuck,aggravated, etc....etc.. Thank you MUCH for your time, Herbie
Ok Sir in new in here but there are certain things i have already understand.
1. Your phone is the intl national versión or regular a&t version (SGH-I537)
2. Wich Android version were You runing before it brake down?
3. Have you tried to push volume down + power? That gets you to Odin mode.
4. If yours is attending version please check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2625033
That's the whole 4.3 package if your noon look for Odin 3.09 it's way more understandable on where you have to put each package.
5. If your phone is intl version please check samobile
For your phone software
and make sure you have downloaded the drivers for your phone.
You can look for them in Samsung.com