5,598,980 Members 31,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will Verizon S4 Mini Ever Have Odin Files, Custom Recovery?

Tip us?

mactechnm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Will Verizon S4 Mini Ever Have Odin Files, Custom Recovery?

I am wondering if I will ever be able to install a custom recovery on my Verizon S4 Mini (SCH-I435). I used Kingo to root, but I don't really want to mess with the phone too much, because if I screw it up, there is no coming back from it. Do we know if anybody is working on extracting the stock Odin image files for this model?

As much as I LOVE the S4 Mini, if this model can't be hacked more than just root, I may return it for the Moto X.

Thanks.

kc6wke
Old
Thanks Meter 217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactechnm View Post
I am wondering if I will ever be able to install a custom recovery on my Verizon S4 Mini (SCH-I435). I used Kingo to root, but I don't really want to mess with the phone too much, because if I screw it up, there is no coming back from it. Do we know if anybody is working on extracting the stock Odin image files for this model?

As much as I LOVE the S4 Mini, if this model can't be hacked more than just root, I may return it for the Moto X.

Thanks.
I have all the partitions extracted but have had no luck building a Oden file. Keep getting Fail with oden.
And signature verification errors in recovery.
Tried to build recovery, but its beyond what I know how to do.
I have a Rom ready, just waiting on recovery to test it.
I am fairly new to samsung, been on HTC's for years. Ive soft bricked my first mini, so I know how you feel.
I was ok with the mini til they blocked wifi tether hotspot in the VRUAMK5 update.
I'm willing to do whatever I can to get this device going. If not, gotta move on
It seems like its gonna be a while.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris-M.
Old
Thanks Meter 4
the Verizon model i435 can do a recovery to factory through the Verizon upgrade and repair app if you ever need to go back to stock.

RobinDean
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Any news/developments on this? I'm really hoping to get CWM recovery installed.

justlovejoy
Old
Thanks Meter 1013

DONATE TO ME
It's hard without having adb during boot or odin to see exactly where what i have is going wrong. thinking around the bootloader method is going to do it but how is my question now cause i keep getting kernel: fail crap from knox i believe
Sig Is Under ConStruct!

RobinDean
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I froze, then deleted all things knox. Here's hoping that doesn't mess my noise up.

dopaminejunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Any updates on recovery? Sorry if this bumps a dead thread.

Tags
s4 mini, sch-i435, verizon s4 mini