RoM - 14/02/2014 -SmartRoM Z1 V3 Fast and Complete!!!

Search This thread

BassBlaster

Dec 12, 2011
Dubai
Neme77 I want to thank you for your wonderful enhancements to the Smartq Z watch, especially google stuff and the nicely-iconed sttings list.

Yes, I finally have my Z back after the Italian fiasco.( details of restoration on Tablet Republic site) It is real shame that people with new computers( 64 bit and win8 and win8.1 cannot use them to restore their watches. I borrowed a 32 bit xp laptop and after many failed attempts got the job done. It was worth it as this watch is a gem.

Now I just have to box up and send back my ZGPAX that arrived dead as a doornail and have a replacement modded by BigBison.

How did you manage to restore your watch?? I can't manage to do it at all, the JZ4775 gets recognized but the driver won't install in XP because unsigend drivers

mghtymse007

Aug 31, 2011
How did you manage to restore your watch?? I can't manage to do it at all, the JZ4775 gets recognized but the driver won't install in XP because unsigend drivers

You need to make sure you are in the correct mode when connecting.

Unplug watch) boot completely) use power button to shut down) once the watch, is off, connect to pc) when you are ready with tool and drivers, hold power and back button for eight sec) XP might give you two alerts, first a disconnect and then a connect alert) after second alert, Nand burn driver should install.

Be sure to remove any previous failed driver install remnants, prior to the above process and reboot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BassBlaster

Dec 12, 2011
Dubai

Unplug watch) boot completely) use power button to shut down) once the watch, is off, connect to pc) when you are ready with tool and drivers, hold power and back button for eight sec) XP might give you two alerts, first a disconnect and then a connect alert) after second alert, Nand burn driver should install.

Be sure to remove any previous failed driver install remnants, prior to the above process and reboot.

After various attempts with two Windows 8.1 64bit laptops, i formatted my second one to Windows 7 32bit and it worked like a charm... apparently the 64bit drivers are borked. Thanks anyways :)

Ton.dewaal

May 5, 2007

Hi GREAT mghtymse007, how to remove previous failed driver install remnants?

Neme77

Apr 24, 2012
Florence
New RoM Online!!!!!!

:good:
- Neme77 - SmartRoM Z1 V3 - 14/02/2014 -

"Very Fast and good battery life
"

FEATURE:

- Based on Official Smartdevice Firmware 4.4 ( Chinese )
- Original 3.1 Version with statusbar
- Rooted + Busybox ( Update )
- Init.d + many script
- Zipaligned
- Google PlayStore
- Gmail
- Maps + Navigator
- Browser
- KitKat Keyboard
- Gallery
- Root Explorer
- Add Hangouts
-Add Email App
- Add Skype App
- Add Facebook App
- Add ASK Keyboard
- Boot animation Google JB ( nice for low dpi screen )

Download Link

SmartRoM V3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD ROM

- Neme77 -
SmartRoM Z1 V2
- 30/01/2014 -

FEATURE:

- Based on Official Firmware 4.4 ( Italian and Chinese )
- Support Init.d
- Zipaligned
- Add Google PlayStore
- Add Hangouts
-Add Email App
- Add Skype App
- Add Facebook App
- Add ASK Keyboard
- Add new boot animation Google JB ( nice for low dpi screen )
- Change some icons and theme
- Remove the message swipe two fingers ecc.....
Fix some libs problem

**** Attention ****

*** In case of problems i suggest you to do a reset with the z1 burning tool before installing the update ***

1- SmartRom Z1 V2 for EK GoWatch ( Italian Variant ) * Use with GoWatch Sync app

Download Link

2- SmartRom Z1 V2 for SmartQ Z1 ( Original Version ) * ----Use with Z Sync app -----

Download Link

Old RoM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
 SmartRoM Z1

Feature:

- Rooted + Busybox
- Add Init.d Support
- Based on the latest 4.4 Firmware
- Zipaligned
- Add PlayStore
- Add Gmail, Hangout
- Add Calc.
- Add Email app
- Add Google Keyboard
- Remove some apk
- And more feature.......................

Instruction:

Simply copy the update.rar in your device ( root of sd )

Select Settings - About - Firmware update then press OK
Enjoy :good:

Hello, I'm sorry, excuse me all ..... 
I Forgot to mention that the rom is based on the Italian EK firmware ... 
Forgive me ... This is the link to the official version for the smartq z1 with the same modifications of the Italian version...

Download Link:

[URL="http://d-h.st/ohq"]1- SmartRoM Z1[/URL] ( For Italian Firmware EK GoWatch ) Use with GoWatch sync

[URL="http://d-h.st/NtX"]2- SmartRoM Z1[/URL] ( For Chinese Firmware Smartdevice Smartq Z-Watch ) Use with Z sync

Reactions: avinash60

Shaggs1983

Jan 16, 2012
I've recently installed V3.1 and overall like the new look. But I'll definitely be installing this over the top of it to give me more functionality and remove chinese apps. Is there any way to get the old watch face back though?

Biker78

Dec 1, 2007
Thank you Neme77 for your work...

2 questions:

1) I read on Smartdevice site that installing new 3.1 rom is impossible to install again a previous version of the rom simply copying "update.zip" on the device. Wiht your rom is the same? Could I install back v4.0 firmware from Ekoore without pc restoration tool?

2) would be nice to have some screenshots of the new interface, I googled for it but no results...

Thank you in advance!

Neme77

Apr 24, 2012
Florence
Hi.....

Thank you Neme77 for your work...

2 questions:

1) I read on Smartdevice site that installing new 3.1 rom is impossible to install again a previous version of the rom simply copying "update.zip" on the device. Wiht your rom is the same? Could I install back v4.0 firmware from Ekoore without pc restoration tool?

2) would be nice to have some screenshots of the new interface, I googled for it but no results...

Thank you in advance!

You are welcome my friend......m sorry but, to come back with the old firmware you must use the restoration tool.....
I post some pics today...

Biker78

Dec 1, 2007
Ekoore Just released new 4.1 firmware...
I eventually need restoration tool to revert back to that rom if I install yours? (My problem is 64 bit O.S.)

willbro

Nov 9, 2007
Just a reminder

Ekoore Just released new 4.1 firmware...
I eventually need restoration tool to revert back to that rom if I install yours? (My problem is 64 bit O.S.)

You can't use Z Assistant with this rom. Instead you must use the nearly identical Go Watch from Google Play or your bluetooth sync won't work.

Will a 4.1 Italian firmware work on chinese-based Smartq?

ofsinreno

Nov 11, 2009
Will that work with the z watch assistant apk?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Neme77

Apr 24, 2012
Florence
Yes.....

Will that work with the z watch assistant apk?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes friend, you can connect manually the watch...

- Make your phone avaible for all bluetooth device
- Launch Z watch assistant and remove previus accoppied devices
- Search the phone from your watch and connect....

Some metod work with Gowatch sybc too.......:eek:

... In the first page you can download 2 version of rom: Italian and Original

ofsinreno

Nov 11, 2009
I tried to pair my phone to the watch with the Zwatch Assistant app and it won't pair- then I uninstalled the Zwatch assistant and downloaded the Gowatch app from the Play Store and it won't recognize the watch either... What is the difference between the Italian and Original Chinese versions? I like the ROM so far but it doesn't do much good if it won't connect to my phone :(
I will try the Italian firmware tomorrow. It's very difficult for me because I have a Windows 8.1 computer that won't recognize the watch- so I have to borrow someone else's computer every time I want to install a new ROM.

dado70

Feb 14, 2012
Forlimpopoli (FC)
Italian Firmware Version..

Hello guys ... but .... if I want to go back to the original firmware I have to click on About-> Ripristina, just that? :rolleyes:

mecausmal

Feb 15, 2014
Hello guys ... but .... if I want to go back to the original firmware I have to click on About-> Ripristina, just that? :rolleyes:

how can i remove the keyboard? is very difficult to introduce the words, passwords,etc with the mini keyboard, the rom is perfect but i want use the zkeryboard or my phone! thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Neme77 - SmartRoM Z1 V3 - 14/02/2014 -

"Very Fast and good battery life
    "

FEATURE:

- Based on Official Smartdevice Firmware 4.4 ( Chinese )
    - Original 3.1 Version with statusbar
    - Init.d + many script
    - Zipaligned
    - Google PlayStore
    - Gmail
    - Maps + Navigator
    - Browser
    - KitKat Keyboard
    - Gallery
    - Root Explorer
    - Add Hangouts
    -Add Email App
    - Add Skype App
    - Add Facebook App
    - Add ASK Keyboard
    - Boot animation Google JB ( nice for low dpi screen )

Download Link

1- SmartRom Z1 V3 for EK GoWatch ( Italian Variant ) * Use with GoWatch Sync app

SmartRoM V3

2- SmartRom Z1 V3 for SmartQ Z1 ( Original Version ) * ----Use with Z Sync app -----

SmartRoM V3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD ROM

- Neme77 -
    SmartRoM Z1 V2 - 30/01/2014 -

FEATURE:

- Based on Official Firmware 4.4 ( Italian and Chinese )
    - Support Init.d
    - Zipaligned
    - Add Google PlayStore
    - Add Hangouts
    -Add Email App
    - Add Skype App
    - Add Facebook App
    - Add ASK Keyboard
    - Add new boot animation Google JB ( nice for low dpi screen )
    - Change some icons and theme
    - Remove the message swipe two fingers ecc.....
    Fix some libs problem

**** Attention ****

*** In case of problems i suggest you to do a reset with the z1 burning tool before installing the update ***

1- SmartRom Z1 V2 for EK GoWatch ( Italian Variant ) * Use with GoWatch Sync app

Download Link

2- SmartRom Z1 V2 for SmartQ Z1 ( Original Version ) * ----Use with Z Sync app -----

Download Link

Old RoM
    Code:
     SmartRoM Z1

Feature:

- Rooted + Busybox
    - Add Init.d Support
    - Based on the latest 4.4 Firmware
    - Zipaligned
    - Add PlayStore
    - Add Gmail, Hangout
    - Add Calc.
    - Add Email app
    - Add Google Keyboard
    - Remove some apk
    - And more feature.......................

Instruction:

Simply copy the update.rar in your device ( root of sd )

Select Settings - About - Firmware update then press OK
    Enjoy :good:

Hello, I'm sorry, excuse me all ..... 
    I Forgot to mention that the rom is based on the Italian EK firmware ... 
    Forgive me ... This is the link to the official version for the smartq z1 with the same modifications of the Italian version...

Download Link:

[URL="http://d-h.st/ohq"]1- SmartRoM Z1[/URL] ( For Italian Firmware EK GoWatch ) Use with GoWatch sync

[URL="http://d-h.st/NtX"]2- SmartRoM Z1[/URL] ( For Chinese Firmware Smartdevice Smartq Z-Watch ) Use with Z sync

damn good to see some one who is making a rom for this watch.
    even if i dont have it. and wish i have it.
    I'm gonna look it for

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

** Xda-Developers Does not allow me to put external links so whoever wants to get it, just aske me by private **

I don't know if this room works but with this one it works:

** External link ** --> look for Toiiki cFW Español|GPS BT|APP Control|OTA| Android 4.4 {V4}

App for your smartphone: SHARE GPS ** External Link **

Instructions (traslated):

- To install in phone: SHARE GPS
    - Start "Share GPS" in your phone
    - Settings-->about --> -- extra options (settings) -- --> Bluetooth GPS.
    - Click in select BT GPS.
    - selec your phone
    - Set start/stop GPS.
    - Verify that your phone is conected
    - Start Share GPS again, it should be conected with the SW
    - You can use your phone gps in your SW

ENJOY!
    ROM Install step by step without Z1 flash tool.

hey ,tried flashing multiple ROMs and now updated to V2 ,everything installed flawlessly.
    1.Factory Reset before flashing (once its complete you may result in a bootloop ,if yes then hold power button for few secs to reboot and it will work.
    2.Copy the update.zip to the root of your /sdcard0 (check if your download is in full size)
    3.Apply the update.zip via Firmware upgrade
    4.Once booted into new ROM, repeat step 1. to be sure that all the APKs are shown.
    5.Your watch is upgraded ,enjoy!
    I'll make my own Kitkat rom for specifically the SmartQ Zwatch (not this italian clone) once it arrives :cowboy: