Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 38,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*Please delete* E980 random reboots

Tip us?

kLownish
Old
(Last edited by kLownish; 14th February 2014 at 05:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default *Please delete* E980 random reboots

I am having an issue with my girlfriends E980 randomly rebooting rebooting. Just got the phone yesterday, and cannot take it back due to AT&T having no E980s anywhere near me, and because I purchased it at a store, they are unwilling to ship another out (or they say they do not have any, depending on the rep) Things I've tried:

-factory data reset
-Hard reset
-removed SIM
-flashed LGE980AT-01-V10g-310-410-APR-03-2013 and ran OTA from there

No specific time in between reboots, have let it sit with apps on it, and bone stock and not even gmail set up and the reboots are still happening.

I have another E980 and I also tried swapping the battery, just in case.

The phone could possibly still be returned for the $50 I paid for it, and use that towards another phone, so I am trying to avoid flashing a rom since the .tot and OTA failed also.

I have a feeling it might be hardware related, but I am not sure. Anyone got any other ideas of things I can try before I send this phone back to AT&T?

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

kLownish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Mods, please delete. At&t decided after 10+ calls in 24 hours they would send out a Certified like new phone as a replacement.

MythicBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I was going through the same thing with my e980 ... I sent it in to lg to be fixed...got it back yesterday...seems to be ok... I noticed that when it got hot it would shut down and reboot...

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app