[Q] G2 Operating Temperature

Search This thread

hernanmcarg

May 23, 2009
Hello guys, well i've read every single post about the phone's working temperature on the forum but i just can't figure if my phone is working fine or not, because mostly everyone on the post refer to the temperature as "warm" "bit hot" etc, which is very subjective. I'm a bit worried because my phone (D806, running stock ROM) gets quite warm after like 20 mins of surfing the web through wifi, or after chatting a bit on whatsapp. By "a bit warm" i mean between 32-34 deg centigrade, refering to battery temperature of course. Now, after reading everything i can't figure out if this is a normal temp for this phone or not. I can also say that the min temperature i could measure (with just cell radio on, in idle state) was 25 degrees. The max temperature i could reach (running antutu for like 4 times one after another) was 45 degrees. Now, i'm confused because someone in a post said the max temperature he got was 34 degress, and his usual temp was 24 degrees. I couldn't even get 24 with the phone completely idle. So, i'd like to know your experience, since i can still exchange my phone for a new one if it's defective. Thanks in advance.

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with your battery temp. You can also check you CPU temp (nope, maybe you will have scared :D)... Fortunately you didn't saw your CPU temp during your 4 Antutu runs...

The temperature (CPU or battery) depends of your room temperature and your current use. You said yourself with 4 Antutu runs the temperature increase, nothing abnormal even for the battery..., same thing after browsing for 20 minutes even in wifi.

A guy had 24°C battery temp in idle and 34°C max, well, what was the room temperature? Nothing running in background? What he was doing?

I mean even in idle, screen off, your phone can do a lot of things especially if you have a rogue app keeping the CPU busy so there could be a little more heat.

In any case there is a thermal protection (thermal throttling) to prevent damages in case of "overheating" for both CPU and battery the CPU freq decrease according to the temp. Even the screen brightness can be automatically lowered. In last case the phone shutdown if a high temperature is reached (about 100 °C for the CPU). The max battery temp should be about 50°C, I don't remember exactly.

Don't worry, as you reported there is nothing wrong with your tempetatures... Same thing if you take a look at your CPU temp, can be arround 70°C in heavy use, even a bit more in really heavy use.

We have a quadcore device running at 2.26 Ghz, all is enclosed without thermal cooling... it's normal to have "heat" with all the components.

Use your phone and profit, no need to monitoring each minutes your temperatures. You confused yourself by only reading the °C, not how or why it is compared to the other posts you read. Each user have different room temperature, use, settings, etc... you can't have the same temperature as xx user. An average yes, I agree and here you are in the good average...

:)

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium

Last edited:

hernanmcarg

May 23, 2009
Viking said it all. Nothing abnormal there, but anything over 30 degrees is elevated temperature and should be avoided

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Guys,thanks for your responses. I still don't get something tho because one of you said that my temp is normal (about 32 deg. while browsing), but then you say that anything over 30 deg should be avoided, then i don't quite understand. My phone gets between 30 and 35 deg while regular browsing, it's mostly a bit over 30 all the time i'm actually using it, SO, that's wrong or not? That's the part i don't quite understand.:confused:

Last edited:
H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

I guess vPro97 made a typo or he was sarcastic?

Over 30°C for the battery temp is not dangerous at all, about 45°C also. Imagine people living in a really warm country when they use their phones...

Don't worry, already said, there is absolutely nothing abnormal with your temperatures, nothing... all is fine regarding your use...

Don't panic :D

:)

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium

Last edited:
B

bachera

just make a grilled cheese or scrambled eggs on it. Let it vibrate while cooking for extra pasazz

the slick back then not that bad right ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Viking said it all. Nothing abnormal there, but anything over 30 degrees is elevated temperature and should be avoided

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app