Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Which android version is the best for I9000?

12th February 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

107 posts
KitKat and JB can sometimes get really slow.
ICS and JB 4.1 often feel great, but then for some weird reason apps get really sluggish.
I'm not even trying gingerbread - it's fast and you have lots of RAM, but it's older than my grandma and there is also no recent apps window.

I'm using social apps like G+, Twitter, Tumblr, Klyph for Facebook; Nova Launcher with custom icons, YouTube etc + very important - Hangouts, FB messenger, Viber. Also some games (Flappy Bird , jetpack joyride etc).

Sooo what would you guys recommend for me? I'm asking for the best android version, maybe specific ROM, also specific kernel AND what kernel settings you use and stuff like that.

Aand I was also wondering if it's a good idea to try MIUI - is it fast and smooth? By my experience - not really.

Thanks for everything )

Odesláno z mého GT-I9000 pomocí Tapatalk 4
Last edited by kogli; 12th February 2014 at 07:59 PM.
13th February 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 417

1,054 posts
More
Please refer to my thread for these questions

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

107 posts
Did not help. I'm looking for experience with specific VERSIONS of android, not ROMs. Your thread just gives me info that I already know.

Odesláno z mého GT-I9000 pomocí Tapatalk 4
13th February 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #4  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 417

1,054 posts
More
Probably not the rom section/first post itself that would be useful - the second post may be of some more use (unless you've already gone through that as well, in which case I'm not sure I can help any further)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 1,738

3,451 posts
Try Cyan 4.4 as it is small and fast.
Most of your Apps need it, the i9000 will run to the limits because of the active background processes at all times.
15th February 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 55

232 posts
More
I believe you should look again at Soryuu's amazing thread, especially under section 6a:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryuu

Section 6A - Function over form

These roms emphasise speed and performance.

If you ask me, I would have go first with CyanAOSP since it's the newest between those who are offered by Soryuu in that section.
In addition, I do believe it'll be the best to go with KitKat since it's under continuing development these days.

Another option is to go with xsenman's thread which lists a lot (if not all) of the Kit Kat ROMs in this forums, and give some links to more detailed information.

Good luck!
Please post back the results of your research so others will benefit from it also.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread