5,604,443 Members 48,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

not booting up after flashing custom rom

Tip us?
 
snyph3r
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 102
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary
I quickly checked the difference between validus/candy Kat vs omni/beanstalk...I looked at the updater-script and found that both validus and candykat doesn't have "assert((getprop...." lines in the beginning of the script, they start at mount ("ext4","EMMC.... line...I wonder if I take the assert lines on the Omni and Beanstalk updater-script if it is going to work..
 
audit13
Old
#12  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 272
Posts: 1,696
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyph3r View Post
I quickly checked the difference between validus/candy Kat vs omni/beanstalk...I looked at the updater-script and found that both validus and candykat doesn't have "assert((getprop...." lines in the beginning of the script, they start at mount ("ext4","EMMC.... line...I wonder if I take the assert lines on the Omni and Beanstalk updater-script if it is going to work..
You can remove the asserts and try, but the phone still may not boot. Any particular reason you want Omni or Beanstalk? I personally prefer Validus.
 
snyph3r
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 102
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
You can remove the asserts and try, but the phone still may not boot. Any particular reason you want Omni or Beanstalk? I personally prefer Validus.
didn't work without the assert either....just wanted to try different Roms...I'm on Validuz now but having a couple of issues...WiFi is not turning on, have to reboot to turn it on and reboot doesn't work either. It won't turn on unless I pulled the battery which is a pain....
 
audit13
Old
#14  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 272
Posts: 1,696
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyph3r View Post
didn't work without the assert either....just wanted to try different Roms...I'm on Validuz now but having a couple of issues...WiFi is not turning on, have to reboot to turn it on and reboot doesn't work either. It won't turn on unless I pulled the battery which is a pain....
That is strange. I run validus on mine and WiFi is fine. Calls and data ate fine as well.
 
sewermike
Old
#15  
sewermike's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyph3r View Post
Here’s the Steps I went through:

*

I have a Bell S3 with 4.3 JB from OTA

*

1.******Downloaded Odin to my PC

2.******Downloaded the image from* 66 CF Root….

3.******Loaded it to my phone (Using Odin)

4.******Made sure the phone is rooted after and it is

5.******Downloaded CWM Manager from Playstore

6.******Changed the Recovery image using the Manager to Samsung Galaxy S3 for AT&T (d2att)

7.******Downloaded Omni Rom then moved it to the SD card using My File app

8.******Rebooted to Recovery

9.******Backed up my phone

10.***Did a Factory reset

11.***Did a Wipe Cache

12.***Did a Wipe Davlik

13.***Flashed the Rom with no error

14.***Rebooted to System

15.***Samsung Logo showed up for a sec then the phone is dead

16.***Tried to turn it on by pressing the power button but not working, I thought the battery was drained when I rebooted, I plugged it in for half an hour but still not turning on. Was able to press the power_

17.***Vol down and home and it booted to Download mode

18.***Used Odin to load the image frok step 2 above and tried the same steps using different rom (Beanstalk-4.4) and the result is the same


Just curious... are you going into mounts and storage to format system along with the factory reset and dalvik / cache wipes ??
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more